Sean Kingston's Mom to Hero: Thank You, Thank You

6/6/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of Sean Kingston personally reached out to the man who saved her son last weekend -- and Sean himself says he'll to do the same, when he's well enough.

0605_sean_kingston_hero_getty_tmz_ex
Jonathan Rivera, the Coast Guard dude who heroically rescued Sean and his female friend on May 29, tells TMZ he got the call Friday from Sean's mom. She kept saying she couldn't thank him enough for what he did and said Sean wanted to thank him in person when he's better.

Rivera tells us, "I'm not worried about anything but him getting better. I'm glad he is recovering and that's all that matters."

That's what heroes say.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

As a mom, I completely understand where she's comin' from!

Googie

Nice!

Sticks

Very nice of her. Its nice to get a pat on the back for a job well done.

kerrplunk

Very nice..

Greg

You know, when you give millions of dollars to a guy from the ghetto, what do you expect him to do with this money? shine with his bling bling. As much as I would have loved for Sean Kingston to die (hip-hop is dead) I feel really saddened that articles on TMZ like this one have such low comments but deserve yet more.

This guy is a hero and he's not one of those heroes who will call a press conference to announce how he saved S.K

Lisa

God bless Sean's mom for reaching out. I can only imagine her horror, and even the prospect of having to bury her son. But her son? TO HELL WITH A 'THANK YOU'! Sean should give the guy a nice fat check if you ask me, because his moronic, dumb-@$$, show-off, irresponsible idiot behavior nearly cost him his life, and that man single-handedly turned back and saved his sorry hide so he can go right back out into the world to continue being an effing irresponsible IDIOT who doesn't deserve the gifts he's been given. Write him a check, Sean. He literally gave you back your life. Make HIS better now.