Eli Roth: Russell Crowe Is NOT Anti-Semitic

6/10/2011 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eli Roth is outraged that a reporter for The Hollywood Reporter took what he says was a "joking exchange between friends" -- Eli and Russell Crowe -- and then attacked Crowe as being anti-Semitic.

0610_eli_russell_EX_01

It all started when Eli and Russell -- who often tease each other on Twitter -- were joking about circumcision.  Crowe tweeted, "I love my Jewish friends.  I love the apple and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies," adding, "I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."

Apparently a reporter from The Hollywood Reporter saw the exchange and went after Russell with a headline that said he "insults Jews."

Eli tells TMZ, "The headline blatantly attempts to make Russell look like an anti-Semite.  It's tabloid journalism at its worst."

Eli adds, "No one contacted either of us.  It's terrible.  Russell is a great person and respectful of all religions."

And, Eli says, "The press is trying to terrify celebrities into not using Twitter.  They want to show they can still ruin you.  It's sickening."

Mork12

Captain Obvious 4 minutes ago

Eli Roth is Jewish.
---------
your screenname is accurate

Mork12

You sound like a Nazi yourself. What rank are you in the KKK?
----------------

I'm not the one making false accusations about Russell Crowe, and Eli Roth Is clearly a standup jewish fellow

steven katona

my jewish brothers should not get upset over ever blade of grass that is bent by these callus jokes meant to get a laugh at the expence of others. nobody said actors were educated/smart/classy. hollywood picks the hominid but they don't educate them. expect this. stupid men jokes. least it wasn't like that other guy. his jokes about the gay and lesbians can be considered a hate crime. tweeting and on stage are similar but the intimacy of stage projects the message even further. no more jokes about ethicities. no jokes about sexual engenderment either. i'll rip anyone apart when i read it or hear it or have to witness it! see ya all online!

the Seeker

Howie, The tmz ZOG rep.
What about what Isreal does to the Palestinians in the Gaza strip(concentration camp).
you are a tool of the ADL..imho

Johnny Carcinoma

The overwhelming majority of cir***cised males are Muslims, not Jews.

I have no idea if Crowe is an antisemite, but he's clearly ignorant about the issue.

The World Health Organization (WHO; 2007), the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS; 2007), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC; 2008) state that evidence indicates male cir***cision significantly reduces the risk of HIV acquisition by men during penile-vaginal sex.

PWNED!

MyOpinionOnly

Howie - As I said in my post, I did also do research and a lot of that also comes from being hygenic as well. I never said not to research, but when I did, there still wasn't much that changed my mind. So I never said to be "uninformed" as you would put it. It is my right as well as a right for other parents to choose to use this. I don't judge them, but at the same time, I would hope people would actually inform themselves rather than just assume that it is a practice that SHOULD be done rather than CHOICE to be done.

Kiko

Seriously, enough with the damn Weiner stories already! Geesh...

the Seeker

Half of the male receptors are in the foreskin and it is kinda like genital mutilation and submission to Jewish ritual torture.

Lawdragon

There was actually more to this story than being reported here. Crowe was not just involved in a commentary with a friend, he was responding to a tweet from a fan, when more people joined in the exchanged. Crowe then insulted several people...one of which claimed his comments would be reported as anti-semitic. His response was: "You should delete that tweet because it makes you look like an idiot."

While they are hardly the most accurate source ever the daily mail had more of the story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2001929/Russell-Crowe-launches-cir***cision-Twitter-row.html#ixzz1OtjDg6db"

steven katona

I wouldn't give a guy a BJ unless he was cir****ized.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

that's a personal choice. i'm cut for the record. kboyinc@hotmail.com

send me some pics sugar!

en Todo Momento!!

who cares..!

Pat

I'm so tired of the Jewish community being so hyper sensitive about what is said about them. It seems to me like they are using anti-semitism as a form of censorship. The minute anyone disagrees with a policy, or any idea the Jews don't like then they turn around and immediately claim the person with the opposing view is an anti-semite. I happen to agree 100% with what Russell said.

en Todo Momento!!

i mean come on. cir***cision was necessary 2000 years ago, because people didn't have enough water to clean themselves thouroughly with. doing it today IS simply a remnant of a barbarian time/culture. that is a fact, as far as what crow is saying. if ya wanna stick to a brutal and painful rite, simply because your ancestors did it 2000 years ago, even though it is not really any longer necessary (hygenically speaking), then maybe yer culture does in fact endorse a barbarianistic habit, just for the sake of religious pride, or tradition.

johnbosley

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man.

seriously, I don't tell Russell Crowe how to raise his kids, so why should he feel he needs to tell me how I should raise mine? Cir***cision is a personal decision that parents are entitled to make, just like vaccinations, ear piercing, etc. As parents we are faced with hard choices all of the time, some may backfire, but hey, it's not a perfect world. I asked my son (15) if he is mad that his father and I made the choice to cir***cise him and he said NO, I'm glad you did it when I was a baby and I could neither feel it, nor remember it.
My brother on the other hand, chose not to cir***cise and his child had so many problems with his penis and foreskin, he ended up having to have the procedure done when he was 5, and it was very uncomfortable. SO, making a long post short. Parents should be able to decide what is best for their kids, not strangers.
You don't want your kid cir***cised, then great, don't do it, but keep your opinions to yourself. thank you very much

Mork12

JohnBosley he's not telling anyone what to do...
He was responding to a simple question from a pregnant follower.
If you don't like his advice then don't take it...He wasn't addressing you.