Eli Roth: Russell Crowe Is NOT Anti-Semitic

6/10/2011 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eli Roth is outraged that a reporter for The Hollywood Reporter took what he says was a "joking exchange between friends" -- Eli and Russell Crowe -- and then attacked Crowe as being anti-Semitic.

0610_eli_russell_EX_01

It all started when Eli and Russell -- who often tease each other on Twitter -- were joking about circumcision.  Crowe tweeted, "I love my Jewish friends.  I love the apple and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies," adding, "I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."

Apparently a reporter from The Hollywood Reporter saw the exchange and went after Russell with a headline that said he "insults Jews."

Eli tells TMZ, "The headline blatantly attempts to make Russell look like an anti-Semite.  It's tabloid journalism at its worst."

Eli adds, "No one contacted either of us.  It's terrible.  Russell is a great person and respectful of all religions."

And, Eli says, "The press is trying to terrify celebrities into not using Twitter.  They want to show they can still ruin you.  It's sickening."

LonnieB

NEWSFLASH.....

According to a survey taken a few years ago, only about 2% of the Hollywierd halfwits have an education beyond high school.

So quit expecting these intellectually lacking, morally challenged objects of entertainment to make any sense or say anything intelligent.
Remember, they PRETEND for a living, based on scripts that someone with an education prepared for them. Don't expect original thinking out of Hollywierd.

Howie

the Seeker 39 minutes ago

Howie, The tmz ZOG rep.
What about what Isreal does to the Palestinians in the Gaza strip(concentration camp).
you are a tool of the ADL..imho
----------------------------------------------------------------
@the Seeker:

You are a joke.

What would happen if all the Arab countries laid down their arms (weapons)? There would be peace with Israel.

What would happen if Israel laid down all its arms (weapons)? Israel would be destroyed in a massive invasion by armies of many Arab Muslim countries and most if not all Jews living in Israel would be murdered in a big slaughter, and the rest would be exiled or forced to live as slaves or 2nd class citizens in an Islamic Shariah state.

If you don't want to get into too many complicated details about the MidEast, that's enough to tell you which party is peaceful and democratic and which party is bloodthirsty and genocidal in the MidEast.

the Seeker is a Jew-hating, Israel-hating joke. Sorry, Israel won't roll over and die to satisfy your sadistic and genocidal desires. Never Again! Have a nice day, you dumbass!

Howie

en Todo Momento!! 20 minutes ago

i mean come on. cir***cision was necessary 2000 years ago, because people didn't have enough water to clean themselves thouroughly with. doing it today IS simply a remnant of a barbarian time/culture. that is a fact, as far as what crow is saying. if ya wanna stick to a brutal and painful rite, simply because your ancestors did it 2000 years ago, even though it is not really any longer necessary (hygenically speaking), then maybe yer culture does in fact endorse a barbarianistic habit, just for the sake of religious pride, or tradition.
----------------------------------------------------------------

You don't want to cir***cise your sons? No one will force you to. It's your right to make your decision on that issue. There's no doubt that the vast majority of scientific evidence has found that cir***cised males have a lower rate of STDs and penile cancer than uncir***cised males. Bear that in mind when you make what is your decision about your sons.

Howie

Pat 27 minutes ago

I'm so tired of the Jewish community being so hyper sensitive about what is said about them. It seems to me like they are using anti-semitism as a form of censorship. The minute anyone disagrees with a policy, or any idea the Jews don't like then they turn around and immediately claim the person with the opposing view is an anti-semite. I happen to agree 100% with what Russell said.
--------------------------------------------------------------
No one cares what you, Russell or Eli thinks. Let the decision remain one for the parents and inform them of preponderance of the scientific and health studies that show that a higher rate of uncir***cised males end up suffering from STDs and penile cancer than cir***cised males. Then, let the parents decide what they prefer for their sons. If you want your son to be more likely to get a STD or suffer form penile cancer, that's your choice!

Tammy

So, I'm a female who never really gave much thought to cir***cision, because I don't have a penis, until I started dating a guy who was uncir***cised. Then, the urinary tract infections and yeast infections started. I thought "this guy is not clean," which I knew wasn't true because I'd taken showers with his and washed him myself. I finally got sick of paying for prescription drugs and got rid of the guy, thinking it must be him. Then, I ran into another uncir***cised guy and the same crap started all over again. Finally, my ob/gyn just gave me the lowdown on being uncircomcised: it's next to impossible to get that crap 100% clean and one spec of bacteria spreads like wildfire. Now, I have a strict policy that I do not date uncir***cised men. Meanwhile, my sister married one and never had a problem. I think, from a female standpoiint, it just depends on your system and I have a sensitive one. This experience led me to the conclusion that if I ever have a son, he's getting cir***cised.

Howie

the Seeker 52 minutes ago

Howie, The tmz ZOG rep.
you are a tool of the ADL..imho
------------------------------------------------------------
Hamas has turned Gaza into their own concentration camp. What do you expect Israel to do when Hamas has declared that their primary and everlasting, immutable goal is to destroy Israel and kill all Jews there? Meanwhile, Gaza gets most of their fuel, food, clothes, electricity, medicine etc. from the Jews in Israel whom they have sworn to kill. Funny, eh? Israel is feeding and supplying those insane people in Gaza who want to slaughter all the Israeli Jews. You, "the Seeker" are a tool of Hamas, Hizbollah, the Aryan Nation and all the other groups who want to slaughter all the Jews in Israel. You won't succeed. Next time you have a health problem or legal issue, you should refuse to see a Jewish doctor or lawyer. Try to find a Palestinian doctor or lawyer instead because you believe so fervently in squashing all the Jews. Have a nice day!

the Seeker

Howie are you a Mohel trying to drum up some work ?
your take on the Palestinian genocide is laughable and you are a zionist pig.

In the Book of Genesis as a mark of the Covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham: "Throughout all generations, every male shall be cir***cised when he is eight days old...This shall be my covenant in your flesh, an eternal covenant. The uncir***cised male whose foreskin has not been cir***cised, shall have his soul cut off from his people; he has broken my Covenant.

jewish rituals for gentiles ???

Howie

Tammy about a minute ago

------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, you had to learn from your own experiences, that uncir***cised males are more prone to STDs, which are communicable, than cir***cised males. Glad you learned the lesson and are taking steps to protect your own health. I know of some Christian friends whose parents decided not to cir***cise their sons because they were afraid if there were another World War that soldiers from another nation like Nazi Germany would force men to lower their trousers and check if they were cir***cised in an attempt to detect and kill all Jews like the Nazis did in WW 2. Some of their sons suffered from STDs later and bacterial infections. It is obviously harder to keep an uncir***cised penis clean. Who knows if they were related to their parents' decision? Why take the chance? Still, it should be the parents' decision, but it should be an informed decision.

Howie

the Seeker is an ignorant, prejudiced hater.

Seems like the Seeker doesn't know that Jesus Christ and all the 12 Apostles were Jewish. That means that Jesus and all the 12 Apostles were cir***cised when they were babies according to Jewish tradition and the Jewish religion.

Anyone who believes Israel has a right to exist is a Zionist. That does not make them a "pig".

Anyone who believes that the USA, Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain, Japan, India, China, Brazil or Australia has a right to exist is not a "pig" either.

the Seeker, however, obviously, is a "pig".

3Storms

[ ] liberal media and liberal civil rights groups
[ ] over-reacting and making mountains out of molehills

Pick TWO.

the Seeker

They were Jewish but, you and the false Isreal are the seeds of satan and ZOG incarnate.

Howie

the Seeker is ignorant. There are many rituals which were originally Jewish that Christians have decided to adopt and follow like The 10 Commandments which were given by God to Moses (a Jew) on Mount Sinai to give to the Jewish people of Israel. There's nothing wrong in Christians or Muslims deciding of their own free will to adopt some of the rituals, traditions and beliefs that were originally Jewish. Judaism was the first and original monotheistic religion that believed in 1 God. Christianity and Islam evolved out of Judaism. Nothing wrong to have different beliefs and nothing wrong to share some similar or same beliefs. If you hate everything Jewish, you can hardly consider yoursel*****ood Christian or Muslim because you would be repudiating all the beliefs, traditions, history and values of The Bible. Believe what you want to believe, but don't hate.

Howie

@the Seeker: You sound like a hater, prejudiced and evil. Satan lives inside your hatred.

leslie

WHO HAS TIME TO READ TWIITTER ALL DAY AND MONITOR FOR SOME SNPIT ABOUT HERIDITY, RACE AND OTHER IMPORTANT ISSUES. I THINK THEY MUST STAND IN LINE TO CATCH WHAT THEY THINK IS ANTI ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING GET LIVES!

Howie

the Seeker should go on a vacation to Israel to learn what the people and the culture and civilization are like there. Israel is a western, free, democratic country. The 2 official languages there are Arabic and Hebrew, not English, French nor Spanish. There are Arab Muslim member of Parliament. There is an Arab Muslim on the Supreme Court there. There is freedom of assembly, freedom of the press and freedom of religion there. Religious sites are open and accessible to all there. Women, Christian and Muslim citizens have equal rights there. If you're brainwashed by prejudiced peers to hate Jews and Israel and know nothing first-hand, having never been there, then whatever you say is bankrupt and worthless. Go there, explore, talk to people there and keep your eyes and ears and mind open, and learn something or forever live in ignorance like 'the Seeker'. Israel is not much different than any Western European country except most of the Arab Muslims around it want to destroy it and kill all the Jews there, even though they have Peace Treaties with Egypt and Jordan.

And if you don't want to cir***cise your sons, remember no one is going to force you or pressure you to. It's your choice and your sons will face the health consequences, if there are any (hopefully, there won't be).