'Jerry Maguire' Kid to Parents: Bow to Your Landlord!

6/13/2011 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jonathan Lipnicki -- the kid from "Jerry Maguire" -- recently put a roof over his parents' heads, but it's no gift ... they have to pay him back every single penny ... WITH INTEREST.

0610_Jonathan_Lipnicki_TMZ_EX
Seems Lipnicki saved up the residual checks he gets from "JM" and whatever else he's done in the past 15 years and helped his parents score a home in Westlake Village ... about 30 miles outside Hollywood.

According to court docs, Lipnicki forked over $216,222.35 for the pad -- but under the terms of the deal ... they must repay the full amount  ... PLUS 5% interest.

Wonder if their next door neighbor has three rabbits?

bobus

A simple contract like this would be enough to show there is a business arrangement in place, and therefore they are allowed a large amount of taxable deductions and benefits for the property .

I would do the exact same if I was in the same situation. And remember, just because he says he is charging them rent, doesn't me he actually is?

Whamo

moso about an hour ago
I wonder if he remembers how much his parents gave up in order for him to get to all of his auditions and gave up working to be with him on set because he was a minor. I guess not since he hasn't done much(at all) in a few years. It's not really a lot of money if he still gets residuals for that movie. I think he would have been ok if he had just given it to them.
=============================================================
How do you know what his parent did or did not do for him? For all you know it was the kid's first audition, it was just down the road and they walked there. Maybe his parent were a pain in the A$$ and he succueed in SPITE of them and this is a loan to get their greedy a$$es of his back....just sayin

eloc

He probably doesn't have a ton of money, so helping his parents secure a house at a good rate is a nice thing to do. And they probably appreciate it. The family and friends who think if someone can afford to buy them things, then they should with no strings attached, are in most circles considered mooches. Only the mooches don't see it this way. Entitlement and lack of appreciation. People with the $$ can be bled dry and the money train is gone.

cindy

What a Cheap Skate!!!

Matt M

Check the tax laws on gifts / property for US and State of CA. Plus, if his parents are getting on in the years, the will implications. He is probably doing what's best for his parent and himself. Just giving a house is not a good idea.

SURFCOWBOY

@ are you serious: Could not have set it better!!!!!

It is indeed too true, all celeb these days, actors, singers are self absored aholes who think they matter because idiots around them make them think they do. I hate idiots who ask for autographs when they spot a "celebrity", in fact, I hate that fkn word and everything that it means.

Attention whores, people who cant sing for crap yet make millions. Theres no jealousy there, its disgust. While those poor Mexican people sale mangos and oranges and what not on our street corner, these bastards are being OVER PAID. Same as athletes. SICK world. I hate the way people have become, rather than being better people, its the opposite! Bunch of shi& bag losers!

kar

Being a parent of four I am the one that chose what my kid's did. If they kept doing it fine if not fine. No way would my children owe me for raising them. I chose to have those kids and I needed to take care of them till they got out of high school. I also do not pay for my kids to go to college, I help them get loans, pay for food and clothing and that's it! He should have never bought a house for them in the first place, they are adults. Nor should a parent buy a house for their kid's.

Are You Serious

@kar Great family unity.........hope you never get sick. Your kids will be like well I don't owe you anything, you are on your own.........so naive at what the human race was intended to be. I'm laughing that you pay for their food and clothing by the way...

kar

I am very close to my kids we talk everyday and spend time together. They are married and I babysit my grandkid's everyday.(I do it for free) I paid for their food and clothing while they attended college until they graduated with their degrees. They appreciate that they did things on their own, and they are here for me and will always be. So, you should keep quiet when you don't know what your talking about!

cyn

i just want to know WHERE in westlake village can you buy ANYTHING for 216,000??????

Cheekee

If he gave them the house as a gift, wouldn't it be considered a gift that the would have to pay a gift tax of 35% on? So, having them "pay him back" is the smart thing to do, tax wise.

lala

Nice going retard.

lala

..then again, if this was just a paperwork thing for taxes.. smart move, but if hes really charging them that would be crappy.

April

THAT LIL JERK....WHEN HIS PARENT PASS AWAY THEY WILL LEAVE IT TO HIM ANYWAY...I HOPE HE READS ALL OF OUR POSTS LOL

Fallopia Lopez

Kid turned out very handsome.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments