Cops Ready

To Arrest Paps

During Royals' L.A. Visit

6/15/2011 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement from the US State Department and the LAPD are making the rounds in a fancy L.A. neighborhood, warning residents Prince William and Kate Middleton will be guests of honor at a party on their block, and to be on the lookout for paparazzi.

0615_consulate_william_kate_ex_getty
Two LAPD cops and a member of the State Dept. are telling residents in Hancock Park, William and Kate will be attending a bash thrown by BAFTA -- the British Academy of Film and Television Arts -- and law enforcement plans on coming down on paparazzi like a hammer, arresting anyone who trespasses on private property to get a shot.

The trio is going door-to-door in the area surrounding the British Consulate, smack in the middle of Hancock Park.

One resident was told the event would be held on July 9.

Law enforcement said they wanted residents to contact police immediately if there was any sign of photogs, and the cops would take swift action.

RODOLFO

Who cares!

Kathy

Good idea. Sorry, TMZ.

Carl

Bet the Hollywood celebs are jealous. The police won't do much of anything even when the paps are clearly breaking the law and endangering people unless it is something like this.

bring back recent posts

...I don't get why they r even going to California!...should be other countries at this stage..geez

SpawnOfAzazel

This is a joke. If they didn't want any paparazzi around, why go to Los Angeles, of all places?

AnonyMouse

Good idea. Do you think being chased by the paps brings back good memories for William? Who cares what nationality he is: he's a human being. For that matter, I believe stalking, chasing, or harassing celebs should also be illegal. I think our appetite for voyeurism has gone too far.

3Storms

in before the papparazzi act like it's a Constitutional right to trespass on private property

Puckett

"If they didn't want any paparazzi around, why go to Los Angeles, of all places?"

Because they can, and they're powerful enough to have the paps arrested if need be to maintain some privacy. Must be nice.

3Storms

The Paparazzi killed his mother in spite of multiple-revised autopsies by the French who don't want that death on their hands that claim that flashing a camera flash in the eyes of a driver driving at night had nothing to do with the accident.

Instead of helping her, the paparazzi also just shoved their cameras into the car and took pictures as Diana laid there dying and got such sick photos that they're banned by everyone, and WIlliam knows his mother's last dying breath was both caused by camera flashes but also caused her dying breath to be one of pure horror at what they had done.

William has earned his right to hate the paparazzi and to want them away from him.

bring back recent posts

...a drunk driver SPEEDING with papps following..killed Dianna

Ari

3 Storms, I understand that William could have a dislike of photographers...but he poses nicely in front of them at all sorts of functions. AND since when can a Brit cancel out an American's rights? Doesn't the first ammendment allow paps to do their jobs if they do not break trespass and other laws?

Paparazzi can be VERY nasty and agressive; however are they not protected by the law?

This one puzzles me. I can predict photogs will be hunted down "to protect the public peace". I guess any excuse is a good one. I am not PRO paps, just pro constitution. When one loses rights, we all do.

Joao

But its not my problem, I happily live in the Midwest, with no desire to visit California, especially after frequenting this sight. Those folks in CA don't like it, they can get off their overly tanned leathery skinned lazy ass and vote the bastards out of office that or dissing them.

aston

Well, William's mother was certainly British enough and his grandfather partly Danish. Quite some time has passed since British royalty were German, so perhaps we can consider them British by now?

Btw, she is neither Kate Middleton, nor princess Kate. She is the Duchess of Cambridge. William is prince William, and also the Duke of Cambridge. Think you can remember that, tmz? (Of course, William and Kate is fine too.)

And thats the truth

Joao less than a minute ago Just when you think you've heard everything, [i.e. all things celebrity preference] celebrities are continuously complaining about the paps endangering their lives, trespassing, photographing their children-and [crickets]... Will and Kate comes to town and suddenly the heat is turned up, cops are position to jump in gear... I respect the royals rights to privacy and safety, I also respect mine [I know, I don't count, neither do you-sadly]

****************************************************************

I am from the midwest. Our family moved to southern Ca. when I was 13. I am now 47 and I am still here. The people that you see on this site is not a representation of people from California. I do not have a tan and actually most of the people I know actually stay out of the sun as much as possible.

99% of the people I know work very hard and are no means lazy. The ones that are lazy actually came from the midwest and the east coast. I make renaissance costumes and sell them online. I work at least 60 hours a week. My husband who was born here works very hard in construction, building bridges and buildings.

Hollywood is a world all by itself, it is not a true representation of California at all.

John

Why Han**** Park park? They should be on the Westside. I hope they fly at night. LA looks cool from a plane at night. Exposed by daylight it looks like hell.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments