« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gay Rights Org. Calls Malarkey on 'Anarchy' Claim

6/16/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A powerful gay rights organization claims Super Bowl hero David Tyree is wrong -- legalizing gay marriage will NOT send our country into a state of "anarchy" ... and there's proof all over the world.

0616_david_tyree_hrc_getty_ex

A rep for the Human Rights Campaign tells TMZ ... "Anarchy? Hardly. Committed gay and lesbian couples have been able to legally marry in five states and the District of Columbia — not to mention a number of foreign countries — for years now and cows are still giving milk, little boys are still pulling little girls’ pig tails, and we still drive on the right side of the street."

The rep adds, "New York’s passage of this law will result in nothing more than a more just and equitable society."

Jarret Barrios -- President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation -- ain't holding back either, telling us, "Tyree’s statements are as misleading as they are ridiculous, and do not accurately reflect the growing acceptance that we're seeing from sports stars like Charles Barkley, Steve Nash, Sean Avery, Brendon Ayanbadejo, Scott Fujita and fellow former Giant Michael Strahan."

061611_david_tyree_videoAs TMZ previously reported ... the former NY Giants star took a very hard line against gay marriage during an interview yesterday with a faith-based organization called the National Organization for Marriage.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Billy

Well CC that's a really original argument (see my past comment on pedophilia). I could really care less about polygamists - I think it subjugates women, but if a woman wants to be subjuguated then that is her perogative, afterall lots of Biblical characters practiced polygamy. Pedophilia, however, is an illness, and it infringes on the right of the child. There is a big difference between an adult molesting a child (who can't give their legal consent to this behavior) and two adults falling in love with each other and deciding to spend the rest of their life in a committed relationship. Do you see how that is different?

St James III

I would actually have to agree with you on the pedophilia aspects Billy.

That's another comparison that's drawn on the other side of the argument that i don't believe is valid either.

Too many people make too many emotional comparisons with respects to this issue instead of dealing with facts and technicality.

Hank

I don't have to accept something just because some group comes out and says we're normal accept us. I think it's wrong, you're entitled to your opinion and so am I.

Ash

All right I can not take this anymore. I am so sick of people talking sh*t because some one states an opinion.. I have plenty of friends who are gay.. i love them to death... But, if some else don't like it then so be it.... I think everyone needs to let everyone else have their own damn opinion and back off.. Because he is famous he don't have the right? SHUT THE HELL UP AND LET HIM THINK THE WAY HE WANTS.. uffffffffffffffffffff I hate this...

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

He was asked a question, he answered based on his religious believes. Why can't he have his opinion?

Rob

I always find it funny that people keep referring to biblical passages of man lying with man, yet they never state it is wrong for woman to lie with woman. Another reference is the suggestion that anal sex is the only reason for homosexuality to be wrong, yet it is hugely practiced among the heterosexual community...and again, where is this done in the lesbian community? So, I guess the statement should be that all who participate in anal sex should not have equal human rights, is that correct? That would leave the "vanilla" heteros, the gay men that don't do anal and the lesbians. Wow...that clears it all up for me.

Rick Thorne

TRINITY CHRISTIANITY BROADCASTING NETWORK IS THROWING ANOTHER MINISTRY UNDER THE BUS! Hal

Linsey was first and now Jack Van Impi Ministry. WHO'S NEXT? TBM DOESN'T REPRESENT TRUE BELIEVER'S IN

JESUS CHRIST...GO TO:

Jo

People must realize that he has the right to believe what he wants just like others have the right to disagree, but when people start calling names it becomes ridiculous. Everyone that disagrees with something doesn't make them secretly wanting to be or being a certain way. Some people, I being one, believe it is wrong and I don't support it. Others do, so now what? We are going to have to disagree, but if I it comes down to a vote, I will vote no which is MY RIGHT!

St James III

Neko

I agree. I find it disturbing that one can't express there opposition towards homosexuality without being labeled "Homophobic". VERY disturbing. Now if the guy said "I think gays should be killed, etc etc etc then i would see a point but as long as this guy isn't actively working to hurt, kill, or infringe on the liberties of people that happen to practice homosexual relationships he should not be attacked for his OPINION.

Anyone doing this is speaks volumes with respects to their character which is actually more of a concern to me.

Billy

St. James, You either don't understand me or don't know what you're talking about regarding Social Security. When my dad died, my mom gets his social security benefits - that's how marriage benefits the surviving partner. Gay people can't get married and are ineligable to collect a deceased partner's social security.

I don't really understand most of what you are writing - but whether we are talking about rights or benefits - why should you get benefits that I don't? If we both spend our whole lives working and paying taxes but when you die your wife gets a social security check every month but after my death my partner is left on his own - why is that ok? And why should the governement have this inequality as the law of the land?

Inequality is inequality no matter how you decide to define rights vs. benefits.

Really?

Ok, He has freedom of Speech so do we we can say what we want just like he can and the serious people aren't jumping down his throat. There just Saying there opinion just like he is

barb

I agree with David Tyree its seems whenever we make our opinion know the gay community slams us but when they make a statement about marriages and rights its okay well its not okay we should have freedom of speech just like everyone else.

ea stone

so sad that people are so threatened by allowing equal rights to others. Chill out and grow up. Our lives won't be diminished because others are granted their rights.

His Prince Michael

"Human Rights Campaign"? "HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN"??

Fighting for the nearly fifty-million unborn slaughtered?
Helping the millions living in Poverty in "America" and The World?
Combating rampart Injustice and Corruption that affects untold
U.S. citizens?
"Human Rights Campaign" FIGHTING to engage in a practice that from the beginning of Mankind has been -properly- recognized
as highly-unnatural and immoral. PERIOD.
The "Human Rights Campaign" has already LOST, they just do not know it. YET.

Lol...

I like how people still care abou*****ching over what other people do in their sex-lives, yet are complacent not investigating their corrupt finances.

I love America. If you don't screw something or someone you're a criminal or a weirdo. If you do, you get a pat on the back and a free 20/20 interview.