« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Daz

Some of these comments are just as ignorant as the morons who decided to use the opportunity to simply be destructive. Specifically the comment from UDntNO and the "(CANADIANS)" comment. Take your head out of your ass. The HUGE majority of Vancouver Canucks fans, and Canadians alike are disgusted by the actions of the cro magnon thugs who participated in this nonsense. To lump CANADIANS as a whole into this group is ridiculous. I am from Vancouver and although this situation repulses me (and everyone else that I know), to assume that this was a true reflection on what the majority of Vancouverites and Canadians are like,is garbage. Trust me...99.9% of the decent people both fans and non fans are furious and disgusted with last nights events.

LDG

this is NOT a representation o*****ood canadian!!! These people are despicable. I mean, why wouldn't they be cheering for the bruins!!!???? ;D

Nikki

I was born and raised in Vancouver and people need to understand that these "fans" are not the true ones. These people are out to be idiots and make the entire city look like A-HOLES. The true fans were in the stadium until the very end, applauding Tim Thomas and his teammates. The true fans were glued to their tv's. The true fans know that Vancouver had an amazing run this year. Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final! So NO, not all citizens of Vancouver acted dispicably. And no, not all Vancouver fans are "animals". But let's not talk about poor sportsmanship, if you had any idea what Boston did to our players when they were there, you wouldn't be talking about CLASS at all.

Cam

Like many riots of this type - it's not the fans who riot, it's the d-bags who come out and use opportunity of crowds to behave badly. I heard one reporter who was at an outside viewing area say about half the people there were hockey fans, the other half were there just taking in the spectacle.

penny

Now the red headed guy is a true firecrotch.

Jennifer Larson

Bet Dax doesn't want to claim to be Canadian when he travels anymore.

L G

It's called Karma, eh?

Canadian

The bar I was at in BC was upset when we lost but we all literally applauded for The Bruins and for how far The Canucks got... Then I see this on the news? I am so upset with how these people treated Vancouver but I am also upset that people are saying "Canada" did this. I am Canadian and I am absolutely appalled at the events that took place last night. My friends who were there and TRUE Canucks fans left as soon as they could when this broke out. These people do not represent all Canuck fans. These people do not represent all Canadians.

J

NOT all Canucks fans are like this..
these are just a small percentage of reckless "fans" that were set on starting a riot, whether the Canucks win or lose.
the majority of the REAL FANS, including me, are absolutely disgusted by the behavior and it's extremely sad and despicable.

kt

I truly woke up feeling embarrassed to be a Canadian today.. Although I was not a part of any of the Vancouver riots, as I live an hour outside of it, it was more than shameful to see everything unfold on tv. Understandably "Canuck's Fans" are going to be grouped together as being responsibile for this, when in fact, if you watch the footage, it is obvious that we have a very large population of moronic, no-value, low-life young men who have no respect for themselves or their fellow Canadians. Fortunately, the majority of Canadians can prove and vouch that these losers do not represent us or Canada. I can only hope that the maximum number of those responsible are punished and Vancouver is able to earn/gain back their dignity. I praise all the true Canadians who are out today cleaning up the disgusting mess left behind in the downtown core. Sincerely, an embarrassed Canadian

Tony

As a Canadian I am disgusted with these actions. These so called fans wearing jerseys and being proud of this destruction should hold their heads down in shame. Nothing proud of getting your pic taken infront of a fire buring something that belonged to someone. FB has your pic...YOU are so BUSTED...SHAME on you!

Lisa

Get educated and stop calling the rioters a Canadian or Vancouver issue. These were primarily if not exclusively young, men with a mob mentality who came downtown with the intention of doing this. Other Canadians and Vancouverites celebrated and cheered on the Bruins as they took home the cup. Other Canadians and Vancouverites formed human chains outside to protect property, people, and officers. Other Canadians and Vancouverites put themselves in harms way to help out last night. The police did an amazing job, so did Vancouverites, the Bruins, and Canucks who went so far.

Amanda

Douchebaggery! I am a Canadian and am absolutly disgusted and embarrassed at the behavior of these idiots in Vancouver... This is the same city the Olympics was hosted??? WTF??? ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

C

As a Canadian I am shocked and appalled by this behaviour. Where do these idiots come from?

D.J.

Great balls of fire. lol, I love it. This serves you right for acting like and insane ******* you stupid fool.