Ryan Dunn -- Beer and Shots Before Crash

6/20/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn spent four hours in a Philadelphia-area bar before he got behind the wheel of his Porsche 911 this morning ... drinking at least 3 beers and 3 shots ... TMZ has learned.

Ryan Dunn

Dunn arrived to a bar called Barnaby's of America in West Chester, PA around 10:30 PM ... to hang out with a small group of male friends.

One of the friends tells TMZ ... Dunn had 3 Miller Lites and 3 "girly shots" between 10:30 PM and 2:10 AM -- nearly a 4 hour span -- but he was "not too drunk to drive."

But according to another person who was inside the bar that night, Dunn was "wasted" -- and "had a lot to drink."

As TMZ previously reported, Dunn crashed his Porsche soon after -- killing himself and an unidentified passenger.  Cops believe speed may have been a factor.

Amber

Dude..."dube blu"..who ever you are...you're a bastard..why would you hope that the other person is Bam? How ignorant of you. Watch what you say.
....Also who ever "go home" is...you have no respect, and you need to shut your damn mouth! You're a jackass :)

C

That's the problem. Friends do cover up for alcohol. I'm married to an alcoholic and his family do it too. He's never learned his lesson and will never stop drinking because they always cover for him. I just told him to leave this week for the 2nd time. Friends need to see the problem before it's too late!

RMB

you people make me sick the guy is dead its a tragedy for his friends and family. no he shouldnt have been drinking and driving, thank god there werent more people injured. people make mistakes and this one cost him his life and his passengers. you people sit behind your computers putting him down you make me sick, how would you feel if this was your friend or relative? and we all decided to cut them up and call them a piece of ****. you gutless s*****hould keep your comments to yourselves

RIP RYAN Thanks for all the laughs

G-string

I agree with "ictboy"... STUPID.... JUST STUPID.... drinking and driving... and at excessive speeds?? what the hell did you think was going to happen? what ticks me off is you took someone else's life. You were responsible for his life... how dare you.

Monica

I cant believe how heartless people are now a days.. This man died, I dont care if he was drinking and drving or not. He did not deserve to die.. I send out prayers to his family and friends.. Alot of you people talking crap about how your glad he died are beyond hateful.. Ryan dunn R.I.P I do not think its okay to drink and drive but I would never wish death upon someone. I hope Bamm is okay and as for the rest of his friends and family.. This is a lesson for many.. any ones life can be taken from us in a second.

darrius

i hate that ppl are talking crap on ryan dunn, i do 130 on my bike everyday , and my car can hit 145 and i will continue to do so everyday, its in my blood.. i guess that means im a jack ass 2

Becky

Drinking or not it was his time to go, everyone calls him an idiot for drinking, maybe he didn't have that much to drink accidents happen sober or not, all u idiots talking **** about him probably text while your driving down the road just as dumb as drinking and driving.

Try me

you reap what you sow

horseys

so sad, one less redhead (being one myself)...as much as I have cringed watching JACKASS in the past, he was always my favorite...it is ridiculous for anyone to say he deserved this...

keith

MARK B 5 hours ago
YOU BAM ARE GOING TO CRITIZE SOMEONE ELSE ABOUT THERE MOUTH YOU ARE A SELFISH POMPUS ASS IF YOU DIDNT TEST ALL YOUR FRIENDS WITH STUPID STUNTS MABE THEY MIGHT RESPECT LIFE YOU ARE A SPOILED BRAT IM NOT SAYING ITS NOT A HORROR FOR SOMEONE TO LOSE THERE LIFE HE IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU YOU WERE THERE ******** LEADER IN A PACK OF IDIOTS CONSTENTLY TESTING LIFE AND DISRESPRCTING IT I HAVE 0 RESPECT FOR YOU ITS A SHAME BECAUSE YOU CAN DO SOME GOOD IN THE WORLD THERE ARE A LOT OF KIDS THAT YOU COULD HELP INSTEAD YOU CRY LIKE A BITCH
.....YOU DONT KNOW THE THE FU YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IF THERE IS A AZZ HERE IT IS YOU NOT BAM GOD GET A LIFE

HowardsWig

everybody drinks and drives, its no big deal as long as your not a idiot about it. There wouldnt be parking lots in outside of bars if it was so wrong

Amifaye89

Honestly this all could have been avoided if he would have thought before speeding or D&D...Im sorry he died but sometimes the actions you make do have a price. R.I.P
*And for the people who say dont say this or that because "what if the family or friends read it" nobodys maing them get on this site and read everyones comments. He was a celebrity so his whole life is public, even his death. They need to learn to ignore the bad and dont go on websites that talk about it if they dont want to read anything bad.
Still my condolences go out to the family and friends.

WTFNOW

It's a self correcting situation. Too bad he took a life with him though.

DevilsPlayThing

Yeah Because No One Here Has Ever Made A Mistake. That Is Why It Is Called An Accident And Not An On Purpose. Granted Everyone's Mistakes Are Their Own And Of Course Will Vary In Degree And Outcome. Going Out On A Limb Here..At Some Point In Your Life Some Of You Reading Have Had A Drink Then Got Behind The Wheel.. Maybe With A Friend Or Family Member As A Passenger.. Possibly More Than 1. Chances Are Some Of You Leaving Comments Have Also At Some Point In Your Life Driven While Under The Influence.
•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•
::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*..But There.For*...*...*...*...*..
*: (=' :') ::::::::::: The Grace Of God ::::::::::::::::::
•..('')('')¤...*...*...*...*Go I...*...*...*...*...*...*...*
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

blasted1

That car looked like it had been shredded. It was hard to tell if it had ever been a car.