Bam BREAKS DOWN at Ryan Dunn Crash Site

6/22/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bam Margera visited the crash site where his best friend and fellow "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died -- and he was so overcome with emotion he could barely put together a sentence. Brace yourself, it's heartbreaking.062211_margera_fox_still

In this MyFoxPhilly report, Bam has tears streaming down his face as he recalls getting the news that Ryan had died, saying it "was the worst phone call I've ever gotten in my life."

Bam went to the crash site on Tuesday. He says he was in Arizona when Ryan crashed early Monday morning.

When asked how he'd get through this ordeal -- Bam replied, "I can't. I can't."

KLuv

I'm sorry but Ive lost someone very close to me.I wouldn't even be on camera to begin with bc I wouldn't be able to talk bc I would be so devastated and couldn't handle speaking to just "anyone" about it.When I watched this I got nauseous bc BAM IS DEFINITELY FORCING FAKE CRYING AND AGAIN WTF IS HE ON CAMERA IF HES SO DAMN DEVASTATED....celebrity or not...I would stay away from the cameras if I was mourning a death of my best friend!!! WOW

maryberry

AGREED wtf is wrong with you ppl, you cant fake emotion like that, that was his best friend, you can fake tears but you cant fake a death show some love and stop being haters

Carter Swenson

WTF is wrong?!!!

How about Bam Margera alerting the media that he's going to be at the death-site so he can get some publicity off the back of his dead "friend" in hopes that it will somehow brighten his rapidly fading star.

Jerry

It's not that he's faking anything, but after abaout 8 hours of crying there comes a point when pain and grief is there but no tears come out.. It's never easy to lose someone close to you.

F

6-29-11 I saw this Vid a few days ago...like a scene out of 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest'..but hit the 'Cutting room flr.'& it begs the question..if Bam & Ryan were Best friends, where's Bam in the bar pix? Bam was in a Central time zone & according to him(He's Hysterical Crying like a baby age 32),it was["12:30..& it was the same time Ryan died!"&"Do U know what it's like 2 be on a plane for 6 hrs.? I was trapped in the airport"] (2:38am or 3am as media reports)**2 days later 6-22 when it's revealed that Ryan & Zach were both Drunk 2 x's the lgl.lmt.of a whopping '.20%' & 2 days later BAM's seen at PA Funeral home Smiling & holding hands w/an unidentified female. (either his girlfriend,or Angie,or Rachel.*doubt it's Rachel) &something Margera'bam bam'knew as a teen going 2 H.S. with Ryan& watching Ryan'Crash'n Burn'before his eyes! & Did he help him? He knew he had MANY Car Accidents!Bam's ALL over the NET 2 be a wannabe Star! MY FRIEND DID 3 FN YRs.on his 2nd DWI& Maxed Out!(After his 10yrs had passed on 1st DWI)NO 'KID GLOVE TREATMENT'Used 4 MY Friend!HE'S NOT A STAR! I Supported him in Prison for 3 Yrs.! Where was BAM when Ryan just had his B'day 9 days Earlier? Ryan might have been celebrating his 34th B'day w/the 2 guys in the pix! Do all U Jackasses live across the Country or R U in PA too? Margera's did Interviews. Ryan should have been in Prison, if checked, he's probably been in jail! I'm Not the'Higher Power'2 forgive him.& I'm sure He's been Forgiven. BUT,I am a Victim of a Drunk Driver,as a Pedestrian.
HENCE..MY OUTRAGE upon Police Revealing News HE was beyond PA's
.08 lgl lmt.(same as NYS)& at 2x's lmt. May Ryan R.I.P.as he was a victim of A Disease,'Alcoholism'& then some,I'm sure!
He made a 2nd mistake 2 floor it 130-140 mph in his Porsche that goes up to 190. Like a'Thelma&Louise'Film ending Going off the cliff!(It was on this a.m.)The minute he started the engine & left the Lot, is when the CAR was a'WEAPON.' He was Minutes from his home & was 2 drop ZACHARY HARTWELL off at his home. I'm the only 1 who tells it like it is! I'm sure BAM read what I wrote,the Legal aspect with the Bar. 1st Ryan had 3 beers+3'Girly Shots'..Then it was 8..NOw it's 11 Drinks?(TMZ is saying the "bar is off the hook,"as allegedly Ryan was given 3 drinks in the back by patrons or friends.) So 8 Alcoholic Drinks doesn't make U DRUNK? Oh yes it Does!Is there PA law that says over 8 makes U drunk but NOT if U have 3 more drinks bought by friends? The bar is Even Negligent& Liable for giving the friends the alcohol that in turn gave it 2 Ryan & the Bar treated Ryan in a different Status..like a KING..give whatever he wants!So much so,THE BAR OWNER WAS NEGLIGENT & LIABLE FOR NOT CALLING A TAXI SO RYAN & ZACH GOT HOME ALIVE! (Isn't this that 'Harvey' guy from Judge Judy commenting on a case on TV? U Don't Practice Real Law? I've got people committing 'Plagerism' & take sections of what I wrote & then Post TMZ vids of Ryan or PIX at my FB acct.-several vids BUT 1 is this of BAM crying! Nowhere does BAM use the word 'SENSELESS,&DRUNK DRIVING!'
The guy that'Lifted' my entire'Comment'@StumbleUpon goes by name: Domesticfix.& (Domesticfix.worldpress.com/2011) **I thought he retrieved my do***ent 2 post back at'stumble'or even FB,as an honest person! He did not! Nor has he!He was at FB waiting4 me,like a'NET Stalker'2 answer his friend request. He claims he's 35 lvs.in FL.(No name&Pix is probably Not his)Looks like my neighbor on the LAM! I went thru his vids & found outside Box pix o*****uy in a Shwr.Waist up.(I did not Nor do I want 2 see it)&I wrote 2 him & told him Not 2 use anything I wrote. I also reported it 2 the site, as well as I'm Probably going to Close My Acct.'It's been hackers from day 1!JOHNNY Recommended the site,that is not easy 2 use.I see that all Jackass uses it. You Tube, Twitter,FB,& my Email R easy 2 use.It's ABUSE 4 past 3 days now.**What this Hacker/Plageriser didn't 'Count On'is I have High Tech Equip. to Trace to I.P.& have a long list Of Police in my Family & State Police!

F

6-29-11 cont'd someone Deleted 2 words...1. 'Do***ent' (they took out letters & put '******'. 2. 'o*****uy' (Again they took out letters. MAYBE 'CUZ I 'Outed' Him with his Domesticfix username @stunleupon.com & also @ Domesticfix.worldpress.com/2011 AND the Fact that I went through your vids & saw the Boxed Photo of a 'GUY IN THE SHOWER'

This is some 'Twisted Sista'! He'll probably next be dealing with the F.B.I.

Finally I forgot to add:
**I forgave Ryan for what he did. I'm sure the 'GOD' did too..since he lets Murderers & Rapists in...

I'm sure RYAN had passed that road several times on a regular basis...NEVER knowing whether Police were around the Corner waiting. A judge should have pulled his licence for a long time...forcing him to get a taxi or get a ride from a friend!
HE WAS SO MUCH...'ABOVE THE RADAR.' Maybe he hoped to get caught...Maybe he hoped to 'Check out!' (Pull a 'KURT COBAIN.' Your weapon was THE CAR!) Look at his PIX he tweeted via tumblr at the bar...HE'S STARING AT HIS BEER! STRANGE! Not smiling..nor are his friends! He's also seen ib a 'crappy cell pix' standing & laughing with 2 young Blondes..(Look like MINORS!) That would FINE THE BAR OR SHUT IT DOWN! RYANS EYES R 'GLAZED!' U CAN TELL EVEN WITH THE 'CRAPPY CELL PIX!'

I think the Families should consult Attorneys as to the Negligence & Liability of the bar 'BARNABY OF AMERICA'S' Phili, PA (Or WEST CHESTER, PA) If they win on the 11 Drinks gets U off...& the Bar is off the hook...because 'allegedly' (Without any Pix or video or Sworn Statements) Ryan was given 3 additional Drinks the BAR more than likely KNEW they were for RYAN! So if THE BAR could ever win on that theory...
WELL...THEY have a HUGE problem to GET AROUND....THEY NEVER CALLED A TAXI FOR RYAN & ZACH TO MAKE SURE THEY GOT HOME IN 1 PIECE! NOR DID THEY TAKE HIS CAR KEYS! BARTENDER & BAR OWNER KNEW THEY WERE DRUNK...YET KEPT FILLING IT UP...ALL IN THE NAME OF 'TIPS' & $$$$$$ FOR THE BAR THAT NIGHT!

IF THE FAMILIES ARE SMART, THEY'LL CONSULT WITH AT LEAST 2 ATTORNEY's! I Don't Believe the Police,who could be on the take for the bar owner to protect him from an Arrest & Criminal & Civil Liability! NOR DO I BELIEVE TMZ!

U Guys 'PREY' on SH#T like this...ALL IN THE NAME OF Ratings!
May Ryan & Zach R.I.P. and
"SLEEP WITH THE ANGELS!!"

F

6-29-11 tnemucod

yug yag a

TMZ is letting Hackers in & TMX R tampering with online comments
I'm reporting this 2 the CEO & President.

F

6-29-11 Now read it backwards! TMZ..has someone deleting & altering msgs. comments.

Read the 2 words backwards & you will see what they R changing & tampering with

Lindsay Demers

TWO PEOPLE DIED HERE!!!!!! YOU SHOULD ALL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL COMMENTS ABOUT WHO YOU LIKE AND DONT LIKE TO YOURSELF. RUNNING YOUR MOUTH ABOUT A DEAD PERSON MAKES YOU A F*CKIN LOSER!! SHOW SOME RESPECT A**HOLES!

Reed

How can you say it was fake...? Dunn has been his best friend for years and he died. You expect all boys to be tough though, and cant imagine anyone like Bam crying. Worthless people.

MARGETALICA

I AM SOOO BROKEN UP ABOUT MY FRIEDS DEATH A FEW SHORT HOURS LATER I AM TWEETING RODGER EBERT - GHEESH AND YOU TELL ME TO GET A LIFE HA HA HA

Carter Swenson

Bam Margera has always been about Bam Margera. If he's not exploiting a poedophile uncle to get publicity then he is exploiting the smoldering corpse of his dead "best friend". Whatever, his 15 minutes are up and not even the ghost of Ryan Dunn or a text from Brad Pitt can save his career.

Lerbo

What the **** is wrong with you twisted peolpe?! Bam is not an attention whore going to the cameras?! Can't you see that he's standing beside he's car next to the road? You can clearly tell that he was stopped by TMZ to get an interview? What are wrong with you guys? Bam just lost he's childhood friend, and you guys write these types of things under this video? Go to hell you guys that don't have respect for other peolpe!

Eryn

I think what most every commenter is missing is that its the ACT of driving drunk that is inherently evil, not always the person doing it. He made the choice to do so at a time when he was impaired (drunk) and physically unable to make wise decisions. That makes it very easy to make the wrong choice; and he did. Have none of you ever made a bad decision and then regretted it later on? Perhaps you all have just been extremely fortunate that your poor decisions haven't taken lives and that you've lived to regret it. What Dunn did was wrong, but not worth villainizing him. Villainize the act (at the appropriate time...that time is not now), but forgive the person and the mistake he made.

As far as anyone saying that Bam is faking, you should understand that grief is a monster with many faces and manifests itself in a thousand different ways. No two people grieve identically. Hysterics are more than understandable after losing a long time friend. Visiting the crash site is also more than understandable; where I live its very common to for a crash-victim's loved ones return almost immediately to the crash site and erect a make-shift memorial. The presence of the cameras can easily be explained away, as well. Either it was coincidence, or someone noticed Bam's presence and called in a tip to the station (seriously, you're on TMZ. You should know how media swarms like roaches when anything interest happens.) This doesn't look contrived at all. Grow some ******* humanity you soul-less pigs. May you all be barefoot and step on sharp Legos in the dark.

Rebekkah C

This made me cry. All you heartless, ignorant, pathetic, s***-bucket losers can go jump. I bet none of you even knew who the hell he was except that he was from Jackass.

Previous 15 Comments | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments