Gay Rights Group: Chris Brown's Slur Is 'Unacceptable'

6/22/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Human Rights Campaign is lashing out at Chris Brown for the homophobic remark he made in L.A. yesterday -- telling TMZ, the singer's anti-gay language is "just plain unacceptable."

0622_chris_brown_hrc_ex

A rep for the HRC tells us, "Invoking words meant to demean gay Americans is just plain unacceptable. Chris Brown should know better."

The rep adds, "He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions."

As we previously reported, Brown accused several photogs of tipping off parking enforcement to his illegally parked car -- saying, "Y'all n**gas is weak. Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'ALL N**GAS IS GAY!"

So far, no comment from Chris' camp.

christian

I have a hard time accepting that calling something gay is offensive when you have to censor the N-word and not the word gay

mommy

chris brown doesn't have to like anybody. he can hate on a person just because he doesn't like their hair-cut or he can call a person "gay". That's up to him. Might not agree with it but in America, it is his right and nobody can take that right away from him.

i hope he sticks to his principals on this.... tired of everybody kowtowing to everybody else.

insidechrissearl

I don't know how to go on this one. part of me says that he should not say things like that and part of me says Hey this is America freedom of speech ! I remember a time when Morals and Personal acountability played a role in life and this would have never been a topic of media interest But then again I wouldn't be able to write about it on my blog www.insidechrissearl.com something to think about in the interim is that it gets him the media attention he desires

Phalen

I really don't have a problem with what he said but if saying "gay" is such a big deal what about the "n" word he said right in the same sentence? If your going to be so sensitive about that, why not be sensitive about it all?

Dom The Mover

I have a solution, either stop saying those words or say them in a different language, as for me I swear and use derogitory terms in Italian... BTW you can call me any racial slur in the book, I promise I won't cry.

JON BLOWS SATAN

Piece of sh*t can't even speak english!

tgrfan42069

next time a gay comic..makes a straight person divorce joke when talking of gay marriage.im gonna cry foul..that offends me.

LR

He needs to learn how to speak English... Then we can worry about the content. Who can take him seriously when he sounds like that?

rizz

Can homosexuals get any more sensitive holy ****...

Danielle

Last time I checked the constitution still protects freedom of speech. Everyone needs to quite being so sensitive!! This society is way to PC anymore!!!!!

t jam

ANYTHING FOR ATTENTION !!
MAYBE A LAWSUIT NEXT FOR HURT FEELINGS ??

WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH
,NEXT MAYBE THERE WILL BE LAWSUITS FOR HAVING AN OPINION !

Kate

Seriously, are we going to flog everyone who ever says something rude? I'm not saying Chris Brown's language is the kind people should be using, but let's get real. People say nasty things to each other all the time. Unless you've never called someone a name, never said anything remotely offensive, and are truly a pillar of goodness and light you've got no room to get huffy about this kind of crap.

Therefore, I assume that Harvey Levin has never called anyone a b*tch, c*nt, bast*rd, as*hole, redneck, Bible-thumper, retard, rag head, or anything else that is remotely unpleasant. If he has, then he's a total hypocrite.

cindy

Here we go again! 1st Tracy Morgan now Chris. Enough already!!! You gay rights whiny babies!! Go sit down!!

Jennifer

OMG people!!! So what!!!!!! I'm so tired of these stories of celebrities saying things that people say everyday and don't mean it in a way that the media is trying to portray. Stop being so sensitive!!!!! Do you like Chris Brown's music? If you do great, if not then don't listen to it.

Rich

If people would only quit buying his music and attending his concerts and shows Boycott this jerk.