Cops: Ryan Dunn Was VERY DRUNK During Crash

6/22/2011 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn was extremely intoxicated at the time of his fatal crash Monday morning ... with a blood alcohol level of more than TWICE the legal limit ... this according to cops.

0622_ryan_dunn_BN_01

West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll told the Daily Local News ... Dunn's B.A.C. was .196 ... nearly two-and-a-half times the legal limit in Pennsylvania, which is .08.

Carroll added, "No other substances were found in his blood other than the alcohol."

As TMZ reported, Dunn and his passenger were killed when Dunn lost control of his Porsche, crashed in a wooded area and his car exploded in flames.

UPDATE: Now cops are saying Dunn was traveling between 132 and 140 MPH at the time of his crash.

0621_remembering_ryan_dunn_footer

GADI

DRUNK YES, WASTED YES, SPEEDING YES, THIS IS NO SURPRISE, IS IT STILL TO SOON TO MOCK AND JOKE ABOUT IT YES. RIP FELLAS, CONDOLENCES TO PASSENGERS FAMILY IN THE CAR.

HarryPalms

Buy a Volvo

sane

What was the passengers B.A.C and how do they even know who was driving?

Bear

Wow for those of you saying he got what he deserved u should all rot in hell. there isn't one person in this universe that hasn't had to much to drink and made a bad choice. Unfortunately his bad choice ended in the death of he and his good friend. RIP Boys. Oh and those ripping Bam for protecting his friend from an gasbag like Roger Ebert should all go look in the mirror and ask urself if you would defend ur friends the same way. I know I would. We should all learn from this tragedy.

Travino

Hard to say RIP to a person that was double the legal BAC to drive, sad to say this but if you drink and drive, you deserve to die. Plus the moron had a previous DUI, apparently he didn't learn his lesson the first time around. Mr. Ebert was correct to tweet "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive"
To all of you dumb "Jackass" fans that flagged Mr. Eberts facebook and twitter accounts, would you feel the same way towards Ryan if he had KILLED a loved one of yours? I think not!

Steve

How do they know Ryan was driving? He could have let his bud test out the kick-ass ride. If it was a burning brutal wreckage I highly doubt that he was still sitting in the driver's seat or vice versa!

B.F. Gravy

At least he died doing something he loved.

Maverick

Ryan Dunn completely deserves his fate. I have no -- zero -- sympathy for him.

It's just a good thing he didn't kill an innocent family driving along the road.

Heather

For those saying Ebert was wrong, why don't you go ask the family of the passenger how they feel about it. Just because he was a celebrity does not make him immune to the consequences that come from drinking and driving. He chose to get behind the wheel knowing he was drunk. He chose to drive 130 mph intoxicated. He chose to kill his friend.

John

What is wrong with people? You hope his funeral is picketed? You're glad he is dead? Publicity stunt? I don't care how he died, his family should be left alone to grieve. Peter Chan- Get off of message boards and get back on your meds, you need help. Actually, 90 percent of the people posting on here need help.

Sonya in Tx

I'm on Team Ebert here.

Ryan was an idiot to drive after drinking so much.

What ever happened to the designated driver concept?

BeSerious

BAC they know in a few hours from blood tests. The tox test that come in a few weeks were sent to a lab to test for other drugs. If they are saying now that he had no other substances in his system, they rushed those through, as there is a backlog (waiting list) of tests to be done. RIP Ryan and Zach. I hope Bam takes a clue. I've always worried about him........

souvien

even athiests want this tool to BURN IN HELL! And all of you "RIP" or "How could the cops know his BAC" conspiracy theorists can join him...his buddy was a SEAL, he killed him...screw anyone who sheds a tear for this piece of excrement...

anoyo

Mr. Ebert has no right to say **** all. Its not what he said, its HOW he said it and WHEN. A simple "don't drink and drive" not directed to "jackass" which is pointing fun at him. And the day it happened? Please, get some taste. The guy is a huge loser who criticizes other people for a living. feel great about yourself ebert, your next ;)

Rhubino

There's no one to blame but himself. It's very possible, if you're a heavy drinker, to not show obvious signs. I abused booze a lot in my 20s, half a lifetime ago. Many a time I was totally blacked out for hours, but I "seemed OK" to people. I seemed OK, too, right up until I went into a genuine alcoholic coma for 12 hours, BAC .29, when I was 26.