Michael Jackson's Death

Two Years Later

6/25/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today is the two-year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death -- and the saga has played out like a soap opera about betrayal, jealousy, love, greed and redemption.

0625_mj_timeline_launch
When TMZ broke the news, it triggered a flood of stories about Jackson's struggles with drugs, the doctors who enabled him, the mystery surrounding his death,  a little known drug called propofol, a family war against Michael's estate, a full court press to erase Michael's debt, and a posthumous marketing campaign to rival Elvis.

Take a look at TMZ's timeline from the moment we found something was terribly wrong with Michael.

AshUK

You will forever be missed Michael!!!!
You will FOREVER BE THE GREATEST!!

nikki

RIP Michael

themaestrosgirl

One of my co-workers passed by my desk and said 'Oh look it's Michael Jackson" He was referring to a photo in a digital photo frame I have next to my computer. I, of course, turned my head and said "where?" and people started to laugh...I miss you Michael!

Pegasus

June 24, 2011
Prosecutors want another delay in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor
Posted: 04:13 PM ET
Los Angeles (CNN) - Prosecutors want another delay in the start of the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, but the judge will wait until next month to decide the request.

"I'm not surprised by all of this," Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said during a hearing Friday.

The trial has already been delayed twice since Dr. Conrad Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial after his arraignment in January.

"When I got myself involved in it, I said 'It ain't gonna happen,' " Pastor said, referring to the original starting date of late March. The case has been "creepy crawly," he said.

Jury selection was under way in May when the defense requested a delay so its expert witnesses could have more time to prepare for new experts hired by the prosecution. Pastor then dismissed hundreds of prospective jurors and rescheduled the trial to start on September 8.

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said Friday morning that the prosecution needed another three weeks to prepare because of "scheduling issues." Defense lawyers did not object to moving jury selection to the end of September.

Pastor, who said he "rearranged all sort of cases, including capital cases" to start the trial in September, said he would wait until a July 12 hearing to decide

swaru

I am just being in myself today..there is no single day in my life when i didn't remember you or didn't take your name ever since i know you..but today it feels something different..weird..coz there is an emptiness..i fell so lone without you, no ray of hope..i wish i could see you in person once in life..LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD MIKEY BABY..!!!!

Sarcia

Remembering Michael Joseph Jackson... :(

Miss you so much MJ, I love you, and you will always rock my world.

ran from orlando

The life of actors or people in music is NOT what it appears.

1. most are depressed people.
2. always playing or being someone else.
3. seeing people on the street that think they know you.
3. dressing or appearing as you seen them on t.v. everwhere
they go.
4. most dont want to live in l.a. or hollywood.
5. most need therapy all the time, just to cope with the job.
6. cant leave your home without being mobbed by people you
dont know.

BELIEVE ME ITS NO WAY TO LIVE.

ran from orlando

Michael jackson will be missed by many.And a note to all Jackson family, we really enjoyed all your music and i wish you all the best.Please keep making us happy with what you have to offer.

Randy Mccloskey
orlando, florida

Siggisis

Such a sad anniversary. Michael, you will always be loved and never forgotten!

Grump

Wow... Can't believe it's been 2yrs. LYMJ

Uschi

<3<3<3 Michael <3<3<3

ghost whisperer

I know you are resting in peace, Michael. I saw and took care of you the night you came to my room. Your spirit needed me and I was there for you. Love always

Price

Michael Jackson never gave a crap about real issues in the black community.
He changed his African nose so he could look less black and then he changed it again.
He never represented the inner city struggles which explains why the song Man in the Mirror was one of his big hits not written by him.

sssss

damn......i cant believe yesterday was my b day n jackson died today......i luv jackson

kings

how can pple say bad things about things about this guy...he gave 750million usd to charity...this is the one we know.....me and u know that very few pple on earht today will do that even if we have such money...rip ******...u are always in our mind..and we all know that u are with christ jesus now