'Avengers' Stuntman -- SCALPED During 30-Foot Fall

6/27/2011 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A stuntman for the new "Avengers" movie nearly lost his entire head last Friday during a 30-foot fall gone horribly wrong -- but thankfully, the guy just lost a bloody chunk of hair instead.

0627_avenger_caution_launch

Stuntman Jeremy Fitzgerald tells TMZ, his job was simple -- get hit with an arrow and fall 30 feet off a building ... but he caught his foot on the way down, and slammed his head into the brick ... leaving behind a freshly peeled slab of scalp.

But it could have been a LOT worse -- according to Jeremy, he narrowly missed a razor sharp rain gutter during the accident.

And if all that wasn't badass enough -- Jeremy tells us, he went right back to work after the fall ... no hospital, no stitches ... just a bandage.

UPDATE: A Marvel spokesperson tells TMZ, "[Jeremy] was fine. He slid briefly along the side of the building.  He got right back up and did several more takes."

kira

He has awesome blue eyes.

Areader

I wonder if the Marvel spokesperson would be saying that if it were his head? Probably not!

kitnplayn

And you takes these risks for what....money...movie sensationalism? Ahh, I see. Well, they are definitely all pretty good reasons to risk your life. If you're a bug. But you're not. If you have children, double shame on you.

Leeroy

The Marvel spokesperson needs to be fired. In these instances, less is more, you idiot.

Scudrunner600

E Uuuuuu. Boy I know about that Flesh Peeling thing. Fell off my Triumph once &, not wearing gloves slid on the cement for a ways peeling the flesh off both palms....Oh, for anyone concerned, 600 is the same as 51.

lou

John Smith, is this you???

B

I heard stuntmen/women are lobbying for a category in the Academy Awards...and I'm thinking they probably deserve one.

Omegalomaniac

I know from personal expirience that seemingly minor head trauma can return to bite you. Good luck dude.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2