« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike Tyson RENEWS VOWS In Surprise Vegas Bash

6/27/2011 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For the second time in two years, Mike Tyson said "I do" to the same woman ... in Las Vegas ... but this time, the "wedding" was MUCH more of a surprise!

0627_mike_tyson_exd
TMZ has learned ... Tyson and his wife Lakiha invited hundreds of friends to a joint birthday party they threw for each other at the M Resort ... but the b-day party was merely a cover for a secret vow renewal.

After the guests arrived to the party, the couple disappeared ... only to re-emerge behind a massive curtain ... which dropped to reveal both Mike and Lahika dressed in wedding outfits.

With the crowd completely surprised, the couple proceeded to renew their vows in a traditional Muslim ceremony.

We're told the two decided to do the big "wedding" party this time around because they skipped out on a celebration when they were secretly married at a small Vegas chapel back in 2009 ... two weeks after Mike's 4-year-old daughter passed away.

Sources tell us the party was AWESOME -- guests had their choice of a steak or chicken entree ... and then they partied it up in the hotel's ballroom with a live band.

Congrats!

0131_celeb_weddings_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

lawrence rambert

Did he invite ex-brother-in-law Michael Steele?(The former republican party chairman

niles

Ears to the happy couple!

Raven

ANDYCONDA said it perfectly! Exactly what I was thinking. I saw him probably about a wk ago on a late-night sports talk show. I don'*****ch that stuff,was just flipping thru channels. I wish I'd seen more of it, as I only caught the last 15 min.....never cared for him one way or the other, but also didn't really believe the rape was one.....on this show he won my heart & respect. He was so humble, so genuine & clearly a man with many regrets & remorse.....also very honest about why he'll never box again. I kindsa wanted to hug him & thank him for sharing such private things. I'm glad I saw that & now I feel very happy for him & wish him only more happiness,security & feelings of self worth. I do believe he's turned himself around.....& I've never really believed that before about anyone.He gave me hope for someone I know.....

RJ Hunt

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some guy

Is Tyson gonna have to pay royalties for that tattoo? Is that tax deductible? TMZ get to the bottom of this stat!

Raven

Lol! I have a correction,clarification to my long post: TMZ censored me & for nothing! Tho I kinda see it...... they censored " Don't Watch " yeah, they got a nasty word even when I used a space.....that's my correction

Big Daddy

Congrats you two:) Be good to each other.

Ball`s has no Ball`s

Sooooooooooo no brain no pain!!!!

kake79

niles
26 minutes ago

Ears to the happy couple!

======================================

Awesome. +100 interwebs to you, niles.

Machelle

How sweet,
congratulations!

Ball`s has no Ball`s

Yuck,Yuck&yuck!

fkeys

All these greedy ex wives .. why don't they go out and make their own fortune? Seriously..these women use the money for spa's and boob implants, not for the kids.

amazon_woman

ONE UGLY MAN!!!!

some guy

Ehécatl 3 hours ago

He looks like he´s ready to eat her. Get some wedding cake in him soon!

This kinda reminds me of an old Hustler comic... lol.

some guy

... in the ring, for the whole world to see...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments