« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bryan Stow -- FLIPPED OFF During Dodger Game

6/29/2011 6:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bryan Stow didn't appear to be worried that Dodgers fans were giving him the finger the night he watched the Giants play in Dodger Stadium ... instead, he smirked and hoisted his beer.

0628_bryan_stow_ex_facebook_2

One of Stow's friends posted a photo on Facebook, showing Stow and his buddies proudly sporting their team colors in a sea of blue on March 31 ... while two unidentified Dodgers fans photobombed the shot by flipping off the camera.

As we previously reported -- Stow had a verbal altercation with another Dodger fan during the game ... after Stow allegedly yelled out that he'd rather eat his own feces than a Dodger dog.

Stow was brutally beaten in the parking lot after the game and is still recovering from some VERY serious injuries.

062711_fight_small_v2_launchThe LAPD arrested one man for the attack, Giovanni Ramirez -- cops say he's the prime suspect.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I am Spartacus

Let me start by saying no one deserves to be beaten into a coma.

With that being said the more stuff that comes out about this guy the less surprising it is that someone did beat him up. Him and his buddies were probably loud and obnoxious rooting for the Giants at Dodgers Stadium. Add to that the fact they were probably intoxicated and this guy popped his mouth off. He was lucky the one guy just pointed at him, but unlucky that the next guy took him out.

But i don't want to hear about what a Saint this guy is and how he did nothing to instigate others because its looking more and more like he was a drunk douchebag being loud and obnoxious in the visiting team's stadium. Whenever you're a fan of a visiting team you show respect for the home team's fans and stadiums.

I am Spartacus

"SM 4 hours ago
I'm a 5 foot girl who has worn the opposing team's gear to stadiums. I laugh in the face of someone who flips me off too. Do I deserve to be beaten into a coma?"
-------

i hate seeing your type at sporting events.

Master Po

I love watching sports live, I have traveled across the country to do so but I also have common sense and if I am a fan of the opposing team no need to draw attention to myself by wearing their "colors". I dont play for the team and do not need to be in uniform and I feel the people doing this are doing it for one reason, to tell the opposite fans F*** off.

While no one deserves to be beaten this is what happens when you add sports team loyalty and people who cant handle their booze. So now the question is where the hell where his friends? I would hate to think this patron saint who could do no wrong was walking back to his car ALONE to DRIVE while under the influence.

david

i was at the game.we were sitting on the first base side and i remember looking thru a pair of binoclars and anybody that was wearing giants collors were picked on.I seen in Stow area the police and security was over there somebody was throwing drinks or something.it was around the 5th or 6th inning

Marty

David, if that is true, you need to call the L.A. Police Dept and tell them what you saw. They need all the info anyone has on this issue.

Rico

The variation of posts on this site stems from either a belief that one cannot say whatever they wish without consequences, or a belief that one should be able to say anything(no matter how vile) and suffer no consequences. As long as this gap in ideology exists, there will always be physical altercations.

St Murphy

i do know for a fact i would not go to another teams park and start mouth like that.maybe the beating was a bit much.now seeing the mans appearance he looks very smug to me.i can say that because i am very good at picking up personalities from people just from appearance.i believe BOTH sides were wrong in this situation.what alot of people here dont seem to realize is alot of fans take the game and teams very seriously.bottom line is:if you go to another teams games be on your best behavior because you do not know who is sitting near you.i believe this man started alot more than just this incident and continued it through the game thinking he was going to be safe also on his way out of the stadium and someone in the out crowd got tired of it.

dustin

Drunk jackass deserved every punch and kick he got...

Stupid family will try to sue the Dodgers - i hope they get nothing but lawyer fees.

Dave

You typically see dozens of people wearing opposing teams jerseys, shirts and hats at games. They root for their team and often get into a little crap talking with people around them. I've done it countless times with no problems. . . .but you don't do it there because Dodger stadium is nothing more than a mexican ghetto. Dodger fan or not, if you want to do battle with a bunch of mexican wanna be gangsters then have at it at Dodger stadium. I've been to hundreds of games there in the past but it's not the same. If you want to see a baseball game, go to the Angels game. Dodger stadium is no longer fit for law abiding people and definitely not safe for your family and friends.

debbiedoesnothing

Yesterday I was on your side, TMZ. Now I agree with Stow's family. It does look like you're saying he's partially to blame for being beaten nearly to death.

suzy martinez

what i don't understand is where were his friends when he got beat down and if he was so drunk why did they leave him alone.

Nick

Anyone notice that most of Dodger fans are fat asses. George Lopez said last night. The Dodger game isnt a place to go see a baseball game. Its a place where you can make an ass of yourself, rude, and annoying. The Dodger Stadium should just be torn down. Maybe they should of bought more expensive seats.

FailinPalin

What does it say about our culture, or lack thereof, that so many people think this makes Stow a "douchebag" whose "running off his mouth" justified or even instigated the beating? Why is Stow a douchebag for doing what I've seen at least 50% of the fans do at Dodger, Angel, Charger, Laker games??? Has Los Angeles been that overrun by bullies and wanna be bangers that physical assault is a socially acceptable response to being "disrespected or insulted" (and only a real D-BAG would take a stupid baseball game so seriously as to hit someone for insulting their team)??? Free speech is not against the law but throwing a punch is and the person, or people, who are more deserving of judgment are the a**holes who kicked Stow in the head from BEHIND and ran away like the p*ssies they are. If Stow really got what he had coming, as some of you IDIOTS think he did, then whoever assaulted him should be proud to step up and defend their actions.

Laurita

Wow so these are the faces of the friends that didn't back him up when he got brutally jumped..........Sad.....When was this picture taken? First inning? I'd like to see one from the later innings.
I definately don't think he deserved the severe beating he did get BUT I was tripping out on the comments from yesterday's story of Juan Banda's encounter with Stow. The fact that he said "feces" is funny. i doubt a guy drinking beer at a Dodger game would use that word lol I also dont think that TMZ should've been criticized for their posting of the Juan Banda encounter. They are simply reporting the news. Juan Banda did make a good point though about where Stow's group was during his unfortunate beating. If I were his friends I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
I feel horrible about what happened to Stow. Poor guy. That's someone's dad / son / husband / brother......But everyone is making it seem like he is the innocent victim and i already know that isnt' the case. I highly doubt this was an unprovoked attack. Violence is never the answer but you have to be smart. If you're going to start runing your mouth in a sea of blue and you're wearing orange and black what do you expect? Sad but true. The other sad part of this story is I'm pretty sure Giovanni Ramirez is innocent of this crime.
Get well Stow!

Big Al

Having traveled to other states to watch sporting events. I have seen or heard of beat downs all the time. It's unfortunate but it happens. What sucks for the Dodgers is that this fits right into all the contraversy the team is going through.