Casey Anthony's Lawyer: We TOASTED Because ...

7/8/2011 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer tells TMZ ... his team popped bubbly and raised their glasses after the not-guilty verdict because "We have a long-standing tradition; we toast to the Constitution."

0707_casey_lawyers_ex

TMZ spoke with Cheney Mason -- the guy with the beard -- who tells us his team decided to hit the Terrace 360 restaurant across the street from the courthouse Tuesday because, "We were celebrating saving Casey Anthony's life."

Mason also defended his use of his now infamous middle finger salute that day -- telling us it was directed at a "guy from a radio station who has been stalking my team for months."

0707_casey_lawyer_nb

Cheney says, "He was yelling at the ladies on my team, 'Are you on your period?' and he was also calling them 'baby killers.'"

"This guy was outside and pounding on the glass and I flipped the son-of-a-bitch off, and I'll do it again!"

Cheney states --  "It was an expression of my first amendment right."

Pebbles

Jurors 1-12,

Did you really think this self centered devil would spend almost 3 years in jail for a father that molested her?? Come ON??? Did you even listen to any of the evidence?? You just gave her a blank check for the murder of her little child!!! Hope you can sleep at night....
any of you need a NANNY? Casey needs a job!!!!

penny green

Jose Baez and Chaney Mason are liars and hypocrites. The reason they took this case was to get attention and a name! They knew it would be high profile followed by lots of media attention! ANd now they want us to believe their upset and angry about all of that attention? BS! I hope they get what they deserve just that baby killer Casey! They all suck and should burn in hell!

DB

Good for Cheney! 99% of the media covering the trial deserve to have their asses kicked for their coverage. Take Grace and the other know nothing opinionated whores and tell them all to f-off.

Crystal

----------------------------------------------------------------
You are aware that people don't make an accidental death look like a murder, that they don't tape a drowning victim's mouth, hide their body and then lie about their wereabouts, right?

As for kindly shuting up. Here's a tip, if you don't like the comments. There's a button on the top of your screen called the back button...click on it.

lola

this for leslie, we seniors do not all roll like cheny you stupid old bag( my freedom of speech so don't get mad you *******)i'm a senior and i guess lil caylee wrapped her own head with duct tape, put herself in the bag and rolled herself into the woods behind her home and buried herself!!!!those jurors need a few fingers flipped to them, as a show of sorrow for caylee not getting any justice! here's mine!that ho of amother will be celebrating her freedom on a vacation? i was so sure she would start up a hunt for her childs killer, here's another flip for baez and casey , me and mine will pray for caylee to R.I.P. and get justice!

nanci

biaz and cheney mason think they are movie stars now, all they did was get a baby killer off, and furthermore is helping her get millions of dollars in interviews, off the past life of her baby daughter. If the prosecution had listed grouse child neglect or child abuse, at least Casey would have gotten 15 years, and I think the parents knows what happen but they tried to cover for her especially the mother, the only person that I really believe is Lee, and he's doing a good thing separate yourself from the entire family especially the mother and casey. Casey is going to pay for what she did to that little child, only a matter of time.

Amanda

I find it hard to believe this comment.
Or this was an Invisible or Imaginary guy outside "pounding on the glass"
Because, there were News Media & Public Phones and Cams EVERYwhere, and Not one of these ever saw this intruder...
Especially when this pic was taken ... Cheney Lies (again)

Amanda

I think I could understand how they might want to celebrate.
Especially a win against all odds. (even tho they cheated)
(And speaking only of the case at hand & the client aside), Wouldn't it have been accepted as professional if they had their party a little bit more discreetly? Like why flaunt it?
That's horrible, considering the cir****tances and in VERY bad taste ... I'm just saying ...

And as for the Media may I suggest this for reading on this issue?

Nina

I don't think the first amendment says that you can "flip" anyone off, that is very unprofessional. The "team" was lucky that the prosecution presented charges seeking the death penalty, she needed life imprisonment. She would have lived the "Bella Vita" in jail for the rest of her life.....

christy

yeaaaaaa...................... you win a case off of lying casey rubbed off on yalll...oh and father time who wrote this "ha ha ha this is how we senior's roll go cheney!

all of you critics about the verdict please tell me who, when, where,how,and why this all happened if you can't, kindly shut up!"
are you not only old as **** but blind to? its obvious that the bitch did it..i dont know of anyone in their right mind who would party so hard if your childis missin....if my kid was gone for a second that is all i would focus on is tryin to find him....the question still lies what happened to the baby? if zanny is fake but "she was with her? then where was she? if she didnt drop her off with zanny the nanny then where did she take her? ask that question u ****in idiot!

Connie

Isn't it funny, that with all the cameras there, there isn't one that recorded this stalker and his comments.

Mary Elizabeth

Here's a clue, Cheney. Your TEAM ARE BABY KILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sally

Cheny is a discrace to the legal profession - he brought himself down to the level of the photographer (if he was even telling the truth about the photographer).

Jacqueline

take that finger and shoved it....what a piece of white trash..

Nikki