« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hines Ward -- I Didn't Drive Drunk!

7/9/2011 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hines Ward is sorry he got popped for DUI early this morning ... but he says when all the facts come out, they'll show he didn't drive while drunk.

0709_hines_ward_EX_01
Ward's manager, Andrew Ree, tells TMZ, "He cooperated fully with the police and truthfully answered all of their questions. We are currently in the process of ascertaining all the facts. From our preliminary investigation we can tell you that we are confident that the facts will show that Hines was NOT impaired by alcohol while driving."

He went on to say, "However, Hines is deeply saddened by this incident and apologizes to his fans and the Steelers organization for this distraction."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

sloppy seconds

shaddap loser. you're done!

Bobby

Own up. Seems as if everyone's first instinct is to lie.

jpierce26

I don't understand....if he wasn't drunk while driving, how come he was arrested?

Dumba$$es

Prob sippin to much sizzurp

Hanging to da lef

"I did not have sex with that woman....., Ms. Lewinzski."

Chandler

Hmmmm, you say you werent "impaired" while driving but clearly got arrested for it. Cops dont just arrest people for no reason dumbass..

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

is he gonna use the "Driving While Black" defense. His lawyers will make it go away.

daftshadow

Where's the story of Chris Hansen sextexting with another woman other than his wife? Oh the irony lol.

Craig

Wasn't Christina Aguilera's boyfriend arrested for a DUI but then later the charges were dropped? I think what he's saying is possible...maybe he refused a breathalyzer? Dunno...but I like Hines and wish him luck either way.

T_R_D

Over zealous cops. I can relate. I was a designated driver when I was younger & was arrested for DUI & other bogus charges. It was later proven that I was as sober as a judge as we drove my drunk friend's car through that one-horse town. I hope he proves he was arrested under false charges.

Kathy

I love it when the say to wait for all the facts to come out. That never happens in their favor. I really don't have any patience with lying.

Kari

NOT BUYING IT!!!!

Matt

I wonder if the cop made him walk the line or dance the line? ---- GO RAVENS!

lil harvey

And Casey Anthony is not a baby killer !!

Marty

This guy always has answers to everything doesn't he? He is my most disliked shall we say player in the NFL. #1.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments