Artie Lange:

Howard Called Me at the Psych Ward

7/15/2011 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Howard Stern didn't turn his back on Artie Lange when the comic entered treatment last year -- in fact, Lange claims, Howard even called him ... while Lange was in a psych ward.

0715-artie-lang-audio-2

Lange dropped the Dan Patrick Show a line this morning, claiming, "Howard called me a bunch of times when i was going through the hardest parts of my ordeal ... he called me when I was in the psych ward once."

As we previously reported, Lange disappeared from the Stern show in January 2010 to deal with a private medical condition.

Lange claims he'd do anything to get back on the Stern show -- telling DP, "I would vacuum the studio. I would do anything they wanted ... I would do it in a heartbeat."

We broke the story ... Artie's plotting his own return to radio -- a sports show unaffiliated with Stern -- but so far, no deal's in place.

CR

A phone call? How nice and generous of Howard to make a "phone call."

phyuck

Stern needs Artie right now. The Stern show sucks these days. It would be great if he came back, but Howard is weird about people coming back to the show after they leave. This is why Jackie never came back. So, unfortunately I doubt it will happen.

Abraham lincoln

This loser making millions got crazy over a girl,Men are so dumb and navie,yes its hard to loose a girl,but its not the end of the world,just go get a hooker if you need to tap some really bad,other then that my left hand is called Kim.

Jess

Full Artie Lange interview here. YouTube clip

KrisL

I can't believe you (TMZ) are saying "private medical condition"??? Really...wtf, if he were a chick you'd be showing his tits and cooch!

Herkamer Farkwerk

Artie why would you want back on that sinking ship? wanna join that scary talent like SHooley again, the show's completely jumped the shark, Howard has become that old man that yells at kids in the neighborhood for walking across his lawn, Robin is more annoying than ever and the show is now all about the back office, who gives a **** about Gary, and Ronnie and JD, it's really a sub-par show and after 22 years as a fan I no longer even tune him in, I'm very close to shutting down my subscription to sirius because it's now FULL of commercials, I thought if I PAID for it I did not have to hear the same Tax commercial over and over......STern sucks and so does Sirius.....gee I can't wait till Howard returns from vacation so I can hear all about his whining and complaining, the act is so tired, to quote Riley: 'Son your act is a piece if ****'

Vinsetta

Artie walked to Delaware to get his fix.

Herkamer Farkwerk

Nick "The Slasher" McGuirk

This is not news. Howard has said on his show he called Artie. So did Gary.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear Artie may have a new radio gig...means he won't be returning to Howard's show.

Toasty J

Love Artie, but the show is better than ever without him.

Nomor Artie

Artie made the Stern Show unlistenable for seven years. I was glad he left. I hope Howard doesn't hire him back.

michael runo

Really Artie?????????? You didn't see this coming? Get well soon bud, cause it sucks to have to get a real job.....Love ya man, but not like that......MXR.

fu waddd

That was`nt howard dude! if you wanted a gasical bypass you should have gotten one.I had mine gasical bypass at age eight in 1969 after a mobster gutted me and left me4dead.GO2D`a movies as a bad guy thug with that baseball game voice and you leave howard in the dust.Your thinking too small and your self esteem is`nt working.As a actor and comedian you run what you brung and you have a long history of Great works but radio is DOA and howard can`t out act you..you skcare the BEEgeeZs out`um use that and build your self esteem back!

RonBurgundy

Cmon Artie, it's been a week, he's hasn't called you. He's got his own trouble drowning in that tired schtick....

Time to call your dealer and buy some smack you junkie rat....oh yeah, and the Yankees still s u c k !!!!

No one will get close to this train wreck because they know he's a few air bubbles in his needle away from overdosing...He's a rotten piece of garbage that even Howard won't exploit, that's low.

squeeky

Doesn't this moron OWN A RAZOR? He is nasty looking.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments