Jane Fonda

QVC Axed Me

Over Possible Protests

7/16/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jane Fonda's controversy in Vietnam is almost 40 years old ... yet she claims QVC canceled her appearance at the last minute because of fears of protests from disgruntled viewers.

0716_Jane_Fonda_TMZ_bn
Jane was supposed to appear this morning to promote her new book, "Prime Time." But Fonda posted a blog on her site this morning claiming QVC gave her the boot because "they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear."

For all you youngins ... Fonda was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft gun during a visit to Vietnam in 1972. The incident has dogged her for years, earning her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

In her blog, Fonda went on to say, "Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

Emails to QVC were not immediately returned.

R Lehmann

I was so angry, I called QVC and told them I would no longer be ordering from them. I have been a good customer over the years, but no more. To cave to those old right-wingers over her stand on the Giet Nam war 40 years ago is just disgraceful. SHAME!

willford

Hanoi jane still needs to be tried for TREASON, taken out and SHOT!

Meanie

My wish for Jane the knt was and is to be repeated slapped in the face so many times her plastic surgery would fall off.

3Storms

Adter a lifetime of denying and regretting nothing, she has balls bigger than any man to now be so bold as to deny everything and deny anything ever happened.

She has blood on her hands and she's never gonna wash them clean.

And the fact that she's now denying everything she's done after being so proud of it all for so long makes me wish I could slap the crap out of her, and the FACT that Hollywood and liberals up to and including our own President support her knowing of what she's done makes ME to be the one who's ashamed to be an American. That's a damn shame.

Rottweiler

Her actions were more damaging than time could ever erase not to mention the hateful, anti-American garbage she was spewing so arrogantly. These brave men may have had no reason to be in Vietnam but it was not their fault. If not for the bravery of these souls we would not have the freedoms so frequently taken for granted in the United States that we have the luxury today to enjoy. These spiteful, bitter, anti-god,know it all celebrities should suffer their ignorance. That includes; Sean Penn, Michael Moore, Matt Damon, Leonardo DeCaprio, Whoopie Goldberg, Joy Behar, Rosie ODonald, and all of the other useless vacuous celebrities who know what is best for us! She get's what she deserves, no one forced her to take a anti-American stance, sleep in your fetid bed!

CitySide

@ Rottweiler > AMEN!

Billy

You are right, this has gone on for far too long. So as soon as you are taking an eternal dirt nap, we'll officially be done with this hanoi Jane. You are a disgrace and feel free to speed up the process.

Nyd

She should have been executed as a traitor. She should count herself lucky.

MikeD

@ David Jong... Well, on that point you are correct (snopes) verifies.. passing the notes never occurred (that anyone wants to admit to). But you're wrong wrong wrong... on everything else "Betraying American Soldiers/Prisoners of War". The mere act of showing up on North Vietnamese Soil to Support the Viet Cong and NVA was in fact betraying our soldiers.. not more than 100 yards from her were our soldiers - prisoners... in filthy cells. I think you'll find most Veterans detest her yet would rather forget her. Personally I was most affected by the negativity directed straight at us the moment we stepped off the plane, or into the airport. We all had to wear our uniforms. We were proud of what we were doing in our hearts... and to this day many of us have deep hurt because of that, moreso than any one thing Jane Fonda did. It was a sad time for us.. You know many of us did not get the news of how really adamant the US Citizens were, hence it was shocking to hear just about everyone damning us.. even our own relatives, some of our wives too. Was this the America I was fighting for? Holy **** and WTF was our general thinking...but...... well, yeah, even worse happened... my buddy Danny could not umm.. understand it all... oh he tried, tried hard... I did all I could in our thoughts, my mind when we were together... to help, it didn't matter, he hung himself. RIP my dear Danny.

David Gonzalez

Let's make this clear, the protests against, better yet, angry calls addressed to QVC over Fondas appearance were not specifically because she was against or protested against the Vietnam War. We all where against the Vietnam war, she took the extra step sympathizing with the communist regime and made ten radio broadcasts in which she denounced American political and military leaders as war criminals. She provided aid and comfort to our enemies while taking propaganda pictures aimed at humiliating our American Soldiers in a time of war while our brothers and sisters that we where protesting to get back on American soil where dying in huge multitudes.

1sg USA

2 time vitnam vet (I WILL NEVER fORGET.)
GO to HELL BI++H

ed

I was in Vietnam and what she did was disgraceful----58,000 of HER brothers and sisters died fighting for this country and she mocked them----she is nothing but a self-serving arrogant bimbo..

PRO US

The truth about what Jane Fonda said and did in the war with North Vietnam is here: I think what she said and did was disgusting and traitorous but she did not hand over American soldiers' secrets to the Communists.

Read the truth there for yourself and make up your own mind about her.

Janie

Jane Fonda is mistaken in her memory, if she believes that her behavior during the Viet Nam war was not that of a traitor to the USA and our service members. She should be ashamed. This issue should not go away. QVC made the right decision.

Duane

BULLSH*T!!!!!!!! Fonda appeared in propaganda photos and films posing with the North Vietnamese while our soldiers were being killed by them She wants to re write history to suit her agenda. Sorry Jane it ain't gonna happen