JLo Declares Independence from Hubby on 4th

7/16/2011 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Fourth of July is a day when families gather around to BBQ and watch fireworks -- but that wasn't the case this year for Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.

0716_jlo_tmz_ex
Turns out JLo and the kids spent the holiday at the beach in Malibu -- and Marc Anthony was nowhere in sight.

We're told JLo showed up with some family and friends, parked herself on the beach and enjoyed a little vino ... not looking upset at all.

JLo and Marc announced yesterday they were divorcing after seven years of marriage.

0715_jennifer_lopez_marc_anthony_footer

Laura

Jennifer, I'm suspicious that you may have listened WAY too much to so-called "friends" who blew up any perceived weaknesses he had. The tabloids were persistent in painting him overly jealous, whereas I look at that in 2 ways. If you had given him more of a feeling of security by being there with him, watching yourself around other men (I noticed a couple of times you showed too much interest in Tyler in a way that appeared to make me feel a little uncomfortable, so I know Marc may have felt that way too).

My sense, Jennifer, is that you will have a very long time alone now, and what about Emmy & Max? Why do you want to throw your marriage down the drain over insecurities that Marc may have without looking at how you played into them?

I sent you a beautiful peach crystal rosary. Have you been praying the rosary beads daily, because that would have helped your marriage. Every day, you & Marc should have been praying them. You are both Catholics. What's the point in being a Catholic, if you're not going to show a deep commitment to God. Divorce really should not be an option, barring extreme violence in your marriage, which I highly doubt happened.

My sense is Marc could have been handled had you given more reassurances & MADE SURE he was FIRST in your life, not Hollywood, not movies, not American Idol. Why? Because at this point your life, you have more money than most people would dream of having. Your first comittment is to GOD, then, Marc, then your children and family.

I am very sad this is happening, but my husband & I hope you will "try" again with a renewed effort to mend things up. I fear you will be very lonely & very much alone in your rich, Hollywood world that you live in now.

You need Marc. He needs you. Things CAN work. Please go see a good priest (not some Hollywood pchiatrist).

Bettsie

J LO IS AS PHONEY AS THE DAY IS LONG. IT'S ALL ABOUT HER, FROM THE FALSE EYELASHES TO HER BIG FAT DIRTY ASS. THIS BITCH I CAN'T TAKE HER AT ALL.BY THE WAY WHY DOESN'T SHE STAY HOME IN HER MANSION WITH HER BRATS. HOW MANY MEN HAS THIS WHORE HAD. THANK G-D FOR REMOTE.

LittleBIt

I am very surprised they stayed together this long. She hooked up with Marc right after the whole Ben Affleck thing and I think he was a rebound.
Your Mr. Right is still out there Jen. You'll find him one of these days. At least you have 2 beautiful children from this marriage. It's all good.

Ryan

Hello everyone,
I never really understood why she was with him anyway! She so beautiful and he's not that attractive.I thought may be he had a big package and the sex was great but i just don't see it! I always felt like he was riding on her fame !

LeslieB

She's just a skanky ass bitch.

janet

What the latin thing is no longer working, you two made all of your money in America.

LuLU

little man...little penis....a girl can only fake so much...

CD

since her career resurgence (thanks to american idol), she probably decided she needs a new man. though to be honest, I never saw this marriage lasting. they were each other's rebounds.

Laura

TO RYAN---

Let's get something straight!! Marc never "was riding on her fame". He has and always will be a GRADE A singer, and J-Lo knows he's better than she is. She has been "packaged" by the Hollywood elite. She's not stupid & who wouldn't use their "looks" to get ahead. It's what Hollywood's all about, right? But, Marc Anthony is a FABULOUS SINGER & ENTERTAINER.

I sincerely hope she can find a way back into his heart, as I still believe he truly loves her. He's a good man and a good father, bottom line. She should go attend a concert of his & remember why she fell in love with him.

BB in CA

Figures. Poor Mark - he should have known if fun loving, light-hearted Ben couldn't be around up-tight, fur wearing "JLow," he wouldn't survive either.
Don't know why anyone bothers to marry anyway. George C. has the right idea. Tired of each other? Good-bye. $0.00 involved in split.

Pamela

She has her son sitting there while they bash Mark Anthony. She is probably a little crazy too like Halle, since they are both Leos.

Poet

I guess what goes around comes around. Don't feel sorry for the home wrecker. In the end people get what they deserve with money or whether ur broke.

Sandra

Like JLo but was shocked when she married Mark Antony!! I suggest she never really got over Ben! One thing for sure, she has not been a winner in the marriage department!!!!

Sautxyca

Marc Anthony is odd, any way you slice it. And JLo has been in a longtime love affair — with JLo (those ridiculous turbans ...). You get the feeling it was a suffocating situation for at least one of them.

anonymous

their son looks miserable. she is always with her mother and sister. they are man haters. third husband she has brow beaten. she should never get married again. what a diva.

impossible to live with. i feel sorry for the children. why dont these people ever have the sense to get therapy...they are too arrogant to think they need it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments