Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

Kimberly

Interview?? Why? Because
then she will tell the truth....

Lucy Mouse Head

Kill your little girl.Make millions.Great country.

Whatever network interviews her should be boycotted.

DPG

Crap. Not first.

Hollie

some people are just DISGUSTING....

Gatanegra

CountryGal

I will ban whatever network pays this baby killer and her bloodsucking attorneys big money for a bunch of lies.

Abe

DPG, you were actually SECOND!

Sam

Can't wait to see whose baby she kills next....

Redfox

Shame on any network for trying to capitalize on Caylee's death! Shame on anyone who watches it. I will not purchase any newspapers, magazines, or books about Casey Anthony, nor will I watch any TV coverage of her. I didn'*****ch the trial. How did this go from being about Caylee to being about Casey? This is just f-d.

MyOpinionOnly

I don't care what network it ends up being, I REFUSE to watch anything this woman is on and I'll be dammed if I will support giving this woman any kind of money! We knew this was going to happen, but the only way to show them is to NO*****CH ANYTHING THIS WOMAN IS ON!!!!

Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

Big Daddy

All you had to do was follow the money with her arrogant lawyer s***. Of course he'll defend her and protect her after the trial...He wouldn't want to lose his golden egg.....GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY PIGS.....LAW IS WHAT IS SUFFOCATING AMERICA...

There's a book called....THE DEATH OF COMMON SENSE..HOW LAW IS SUFFOCATING AMERICA.. Look at all of the politicians..They are mostly all lawyers.

Dragon Tattoo

You will all tune in to watch and the networks know it. Nancy Grace must be pissed she isn't the one getting a "free" interview. You will tune in specially to criticize and yell at the screen.

Brian

Really, well, I guess the 3 years in jail waiting to get off for murder will pay big. Are there enough people with common sense out there to spread the word to boycott any money making ventures this person gets publicly involved with? If most people cooperated, this person would make no money and corperations who paid her, in the name of public curiosity, would lose money as well. Could we send a message here!?

Lovejac23

This $ is going to go to the people who spent COUNTLESS hours looking for Caylee, Right? RIIIGHT. You make that money, you monster. You deserve every penny of it. I won't be watching.