Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

2idiots

Jay 5 minutes ago
Can we please not turn this baby killer into a celebrity.
--------
Too late for that!

tb

I'll be watching for sure and so will everyone else that says they won't be watching!

Get em' Casey!

BellePete

Will BOYCOTT any network that cashes in on Casey Anthony period.

Sammie

Of course everyone is curious about what this liar will say. We know it will all be lies because she is incapable of telling the truth. Why she is on this earth, at the expense of a dead child, is morbid enough, but the fact that she will now make money off the entire incident is stomach wretching. She has no conscience, no morals and no heart. Let her do what she wants to do because in the end, she will pay for it all dearly. WE, on the other hand, do not have to contribute to it. I feel sorry for everyone connected with her.

becky

Why watch it when you can read on it within 5 minutes the interview is over... every news network will post an article including TMZ... So NO I will not give her or the network my time or my dime.

JJ

I think everyone knew this was going to happen.

JJ

I think everyone knew this was coming.

Hate BB This Year

Boycott nancy grace.. bottom line you people will watch

i don't understand why people don't go do something constructive and help look for missing children.

Hate BB This Year

That's true don't forget abbut Caylee and all the missing children out there. If people would put forth more effort on finding missing children, child molesters etc. then watching the crap on tv, reading on the internet. Maybe do something constructive.

Hate BB This Year

It's all about the ratings, bottom line. Just like Nancy Grace, the news, the internet. And people tune in.

Michelle

I will be watching for only one reason. To note what companies to boycott. What has this world come to when we make murders celebrities. Olive Stone hit the nail on the head with the movie Natural Born Killers.

dimes

I'd be surprised if NBC ponies up. Comcast is cheap, and fairly family-friendly.

PATCH

Every single one of you will watch. If you didnt care, you wouldnt be on here commenting about it. She obviously had something to do with sweet Caylee's death but like it or not, the prosecution didnt prove it "beyond a reasonable doubt". I would have voted the same way had I been on the jury. Jose Baez is an excellent "defense" lawyer. He did his job and has every right to negotiate for a paid interview. We live in a society that creates weird opportunities like this for people who commit crimes, are found not guilty, and then sell their stories. I cant wait to see the interview. Better yet would love to see her when she is interviewed in HELL, but until then, I am interested.

KristinaLA

Really? the networks want to fork over that much money for a bunch of lies? Taxpayer dollars go to such waste.

kim purdy

Get rid of troublesome child...Check! Beat the murder charge...check! Become a celebrity..Check!!! Have everyone in the world wanting to talk to me..check. Make BIG bucks...check!! It's a beautiful life!!!!
Burning in hell...oops!!