Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

Missy

Let me know which network gets the first interview so I can delete that channel from my TV line up and never watch any of their shows again, and let us know the advertisers so we can boycott them as well

Kim

Baez is s*** right along with Casey anthony she killed little Caylee and now they are both wanting to make money off of it..what a shame. People should boycott everything concerning her and not let her make a penny off precious little caylee's death.

dimes

Unless she's hooked up to a lie detector, any interview with Waldo would be a waste. Huge waste.

go home!

How is casey going to give them photos or videos to "liscense?" She doesnt have any right now of caylee at least. Do you really think her parents are going to give her anything after what she did to them? If anyone should get liscence fee, it should be the parents. Screw her. Lying beeyotch.

TAS

I'll boycott whoever airs this along with at least 100 people in my circle that feel the same way. We don't know if she killed her little girl or not, but we are sure she knows what happened and played a role in it. We am not buying the accidental drowning story either. I hope the truth comes out eventually but it will not be from this interview. I can't believe anyone would show support by interviewing/watching anything about this person. If anyone really cares about what happened to Caylee, they would be backing her mom on getting some serious help, instead of supporting her being paid a million for more lies. Although disgusted, I am not surprised by this.

Yo

Why people are going to be shocked about this baffles me! We are a pathetic society of money hungry whore's who will sell out for not just about anything but anything including the death of a baby. You have Billionairs fighting millionairs in the NFL over making more money. Then you have these reality show networks making millions on more whores who justify there existance by selling there so called whore brand. And then you got TMZ promoting this ****. And here I am adding to a comment box that means nothing......were all ******!

keep stuff private

I hope they get crap ratings the day that child killer goes on air. She should NOT get rich off of Caylee's death.

chris

No Blood Money for Casey or her Defense team.

Debbie

Makes me sick that they are playing to this liar/killer! Who cares what she says it is all lies anyway! I hope people boycott this interview and any advertisers that pay!

kim

He is the ******* DEVIL!!!

mannequin

Wow. That's going way beyond the call of duty, huh? I guess Baez still insists this is simply a client of his, and he'd do the same for any client? Or could it be that Baez has a bit more invested IN Casey Anthony than simply business?

carol

Freakin pig networks - won'*****ch - they should be ashamed - they always use that excuse - we don't pay - baloney - they do.
One of the blowfly IQ jurors was paid to take her family to Disney World - Don't convict a murderer and get a free trip to Disney World.

qaqaqaaa

yes i know is good, http://bit.ly/n6SVQy

Lampshade

All these folks screaming "I won'*****ch", "I will boycott"...

...yet they saw a story here referring to the person they care to hear nothing about it....and clicked it....and commented.

Talk about laughable.

becky

I won'*****ch... I can read on it later. But someone keep notes on the commercials that would air at that time... I will boycott their product also. It's just an interview... and NO I don't slow down to see the accident... I slow down for safety of those involved and helping.