Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

shirliana

I totally agree with ** all of you ***. Baez is a ** S***BAG AND
ALL THE DEFENSE TEAM. bAEZ WAS FLURTING WITH HIS CLIENT. iF SHE WAS GUILTY, WHY ** HIDE **. SHE KILLED HER ** BELOVED DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO PARTY AND SLEEP AROUND WITH SO Many ** MEN***. SHE IS A TOTALLY LIER, AND SLUT AND WHORE.

i FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE PARENTS (BUT) HER ** MOTHER LIED TO HER TEETH (SHAME ON YOU MOTHER) BUT HER FATHER REALLY ** GaVE THE TRUTH.

KARMA WILL COME ** HER WAY **.NOT NOW, BUT IN THE FUTURE. thAT ALL i HAve to say.

she caN GO TO hELL. HER TIME WILL COME TO GO BEACK TO JAil.

Pegasus

I heard on E-news last night - that Baez has hired a Designer and Make-Up Artist, etc. to give Casey Anthony an entirely new look. As if that is really going to help her! Give me a break! She will still be the lying, murdering, etc. person she has always been. But supposedly (according to the reporter) it is to be a more conventional look - much like that - that she had during the trial.

There are far more attractive average women out there! So why is all this attention being paid to CA? Oh, I get it - because she thinks that she is God's Gift to men - you plan to support, encourage and promote her belief - right - gotcha! TMZ - why not do a survey or as poll to find the next Marlyin Monroe, or Farrah Fawett, or Angelina Jolie instead? With all the truly "Natural Beauties" that are out there - and guess what! They aren't Baby Killers, or Liars, or any of that other stuff!

Got news for Baez. It makes no difference how much money he spend on Designer's, Make-Up Artist and the likes - you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow! And lets be honest here, those Make-Up Artist, Designer's, etc. to the Stars are far from cheap! But then - the Real Stars in Hollywood deserve their services whereas CA Does Not! Unreal that she is getting the "Star" treatment!

ses

BOYCOTT anyone who let Anthony or her lawyers profit off the death of this poor child that was thrown in a dump by her mother who is probably sitting on a beach somewhere.

EZ4U2C

I don't care what network gets an interview from this woman. I will watch only if she is hooked up to a lie detector and we can all find out what happened to that precious baby!

NickyKW

Baez is not interested in getting anything for any one but HIM! Whey does the baby killer need all the help she seems to be getting now, she had no problem "playing" alone for 31 days while her daughter was swimming in a swamp, shame on you Baez. Leave this lying whore alone or you will be part of her lies next, shame on you Baez you have and education and know better, she is a "drop out" of every thing including life, leave it alone!

NickyKW

If this lying b*tch ever tells the truth she will tell how Caylee died in the back seat of her hot car when one of her many trips to steal, borrow money for gas fails. She dumped the dead baby in the trunk then put her in swamp to rot, shame on you Casey you killer. This was not a criminal case until Baez turned it into one, shame on you Baez

SoUglyItsPrettyTruth

Whether you watch or not, it doesn't matter because Casey Anthony will still get paid! That's right, the network is paying her BEFORE the interview, not after. So, regardless of how many people watch, she will get paid. IF you think NO*****ching Casey's interview is going to prevent her from gaining money then you are wrong. If you are angry, complaining about it won't help. Just make sure that you DON'T tune into her interview. Why? Because if enough people don'*****ch then the ratings will bomb worst than a Jessica Simpson movie. What is the kryptonite for television networks? POOR RATINGS! That's right, say it with me morons...P O O R R A T I N G S! If you want to stick it to anyone, stick it to the money grubbing networks that are paying her. They expect to make a lot of money with her interview by gathering ratings so if you don't want them to make money then don'*****ch. Plain and simple. Here is where I burst your bubble...that's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Everyone and their mama is going to be watching simply out of morbid curiousity. People wonder if she's going to pull an OJ and say "if I did it this is how I would have done it" bit OR if she's going to say what she wanted to say in court. Either way, does it matter? Really? Does it really matter? At this point, the girl could tell us that she DID kill her child and what would it mean? Would people believe her? Also, would justice be served? My point - Casey is going to make money either way BUT since you can't believe anything she says anyhow then you will neither gain nor lose anything by watching. Good luck to all of those who want to boycott. I personally feel there are more important things going on but what do I know? I'm from a state cutting budgets for education. Seems this world NEEDS more education.

Audra

I hope that b**** gets what she deserves! who in their right mind would go party while your daughter is missing?! that shows right there casey did not care about caylee thats why she KILLED her!!! those stupid jury outta be ashamed of their stupid selves for letting a monster out of the cage!! CASEY ANTHONY u will just keep rotting away in ur flesh day by day knowing what u did to YOUR DAUGHTER CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY!!!!

Donna

There is no way in hell i would watch anything that had to do with baby killer Casey Anthony. I'm still having troubles figureing out why anyone would pay a dime for her interview knowing it would be all lies. THat just doesn't make sense but nothing with the case makes sense. Since she walking about free to do what she wants. I still hope she rots in hell

Chet

Hey TMZ, Just to let you know there are four major networks. Cudo's to FOX for not being involved!!!

Jackson

Shame on all of them. Will no*****ch any of it.

Patricia

Whatever network picks this up every 1 should boycott this! Its a huge slap in the face 2 Caylee, she lied since she was born why pay her she does it for free. I hope the networks fork over a ton of cash and no 1 watches, and all the money she gets she has to pay every 1 like Zenaida and Equasearch and ends up broke lol. Dont make this murderer famous please. Rest in peace Caylee:(

RobertFTL

Please sign the below petition to stop Casey from profiting off the death of her little girl.

Texan

Casey gives it away, pay for it? Lies and booty are all she has to offer.

missy

TRASH IS ALL SHE IS AND ANY NETWORK THAT WOULD EVEN CONCIDER HER IS FOOLISH,SHE KILLED HER LIL GIRL AND GOT AWAY WITH IT,HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL GET AWAY WITH KILLING HER AS WELL,....CBS,NBC,N ABC,YOU SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL,WITHOUT UR VIEWERS U ARE NOTHING,THE DAY U SHOW HER I WILL THRU MY TV OUT THE FRONT DOOR

Previous 15 Comments | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments