Leighton Meester Sues Mom -- You Ripped Me Off!

7/22/2011 5:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Gossip Girl" star  Leighton Meester is suing her mother, claiming her mom diverted money Leighton sent to her little brother and used it for plastic surgery, Botox and hair extensions.

Leighton Meester Sues Mom

According to the suit ... obtained by TMZ ... Leighton's mom refused to work, but Leighton felt badly for her younger brother Lex, who has severe medical issues.  So Leighton sent her mom $7,500 a month so she could provide for Lex.

But the suit claims the mother, Constance Meester, used the money for cosmetic procedures and other personal expenses.

According to the suit, Constance even tried to convince Leighton ... they had an oral contract requiring Leighton to pay her $10,000 a month for life.  Leighton says it's a total lie.

Leighton claims her mom threatened to file a $3 million lawsuit against her unless Leighton started coughing up the dough.

Leighton wants the judge to declare there's no contract between her and her mom.

Tanya

Ok she wasnt actually born in jail lol. Her mother was incarcerated at the time but leighton was born in a hospital

Phenom

She is a beautiful young girl but she does need some help with her brows. Very pretty though.

Sandra

Mom sounds like a loser!! Hope Leighton wins her case!!

Carl

It would be nice if they could use this to justify taking her brother away from her mom.

Kàt

pretty sad. It's always about the money. Greed has ruined so many relationships.

Nicole

Crazy and this woman served federal prison time when Leighton was a baby.

Logan

I bet it's PR

grateful

so glad i don't have money but i have my family and very blessed, money does crazy things!

Tonya

Poor leighton! I know that if I sent my little brother money for his health and my mother squandered it away I'd sue too. Poor girl, poor brother, this is such an example of children turning out better than their parents.

Michelle

Wow. I feel terrible for her. I can't imagine having your own parent be so greedy and awful. :(

Rob83

This is the ugly side of fame and fortune.

If you can't trust family who can you trust?

Hopefully this will blow over and they can repair their relationship.

ELI

Somebody in this family is trash and belongs in a trailer park!

Anya

Tme to disown mamma! Set up a trust for your brother and his care, but consider yourselves orphans. People like her never change, don't be fooled into giving her a second chance to screw you over.

Superman

Exhibit 55,687,989 to why actors should not be paid more than teachers, much less doctors!!!

G

Poor Leighton but she actually turned out really well considering her upbringing. I have never heard of her doing anything crazy like the Lindsay's of the world. So Leighton if you can take custody of your brother he clearly needs you and get your mother out of your life because she doesn't deserve either you or your brother. And I think that person insulting Leighton on this board is her mother lol who's mad she's getting sued.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments