Amy Winehouse

Found Dead

7/23/2011 9:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse Dead
Amy Winehouse was found dead in her apartment in London today ... TMZ has confirmed.

A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained.
"Winehouse famously battled addiction to drugs and alcohol and was in and out of rehab several times throughout the years.

Last month, Winehouse canceled her European tour after a performance in Serbia where she seemed completely out of it.

She was 27.

More Amy Winehouse

0723_died_too_young_footer
More Today in TMZ History

Silly TMZ

It is such a shame to see such a talented singer waste her gifts and career and life. But it's also very easy to for people who are not drug addicts and have never been drug addicts to say it's easy to stop using. And unless you really know what drug addiction is all about, don't talk about it.

vintagevixenlgs

So very tragic, she was way too talented and young to be taken from this earth so soon.

Thoughts and Prayers go out to her family, friends, and fans

R.I.P.

rick jamez

this must be a joke............

Vinsetta

Lohan was the first thing that came to mind when I heard this.

MObling

THEY TRIED TO MAKE HER GO TO REHAB ANS SHE SAID NOOO! NOOO! NO!
SHE RATHER KILL HERSELF WILL KAZAM YA WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED...

sheilahnb

These things tend to happen when you use an insane amount of drugs, good job...looks like when they tried to make you go to rehab you should have said "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Amazed

It was obvious this talented singer could not handle life. What a shame. RIP, Amy.

Jilky

I used to spank it to Amy all the time. This is so sad. I think I'll spank it one last time to the thought of her alive. I may even beat it thinking about her dead..i dont know. I'm so sad right now I cant even think straight.

Dammit I'm depressed.

D

THEY TRYED TO MAKE HER GO TO REHAB SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID YES YES YES

Sherry

They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
Yes I've been bad but when I come back you'll know know know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go, go, go

callme887

LOL

MS. J

Damn!!! I loved her music!! I was always hoping she got better :( RIP Amy!

SomeOne

So sad. Another great musician killed by drugs.

beckie

I have to say I saw that comming. Its just really sad for her family. RIP

Tony

Now this is news I knew would come. Sad by no doubt this was the end we all knew