Amy Winehouse

Found Dead

7/23/2011 9:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse Dead
Amy Winehouse was found dead in her apartment in London today ... TMZ has confirmed.

A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained.
"Winehouse famously battled addiction to drugs and alcohol and was in and out of rehab several times throughout the years.

Last month, Winehouse canceled her European tour after a performance in Serbia where she seemed completely out of it.

She was 27.

More Amy Winehouse

0723_died_too_young_footer
More Today in TMZ History

JS

Tragic and soooo young and gifted. RIP sister...

Jason

Latest member of the 27 Club. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

linda

When u play with FIRE.........................

agatha

Sadly knew this day would eventually come, RIP Amy you will be missed by your fans

MrsBeasley

RIP Amy Maybe you can now find peace.

susanne

Absolute tragedy ..... senseless death RIP

Sugar Kitty

I'm very upset about this as Amy was my favorite singer. I played 'Back to Black' over and over again, I know the words. RIP Amy, but I don't want to say that, I want you to not be gone.

jakecupcake

It's seriously pathetic that you people took time out of your day to mock someones death. She was a very talented person and you don't know what her demons were, so stop being ******* ******** and if you didn't like her move on with your life, its a shame people can't even die in peace.

Rick

That's too bad. I really like her music. RIP and hopes for a better life in the hereafter. It was bound to happen.

some guy

I'm a little shocked by this story. Last time TMZ put up a pic of Amy, she looked clean and sober. Don't understand what could've happened.

Honeybeemee

I can never complain...but for the grace of God, that is me...I pray that God have mercy on her soul. She was such a talented lady. But the Enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy. Sad that she believed the lies of the Enemy. R.I.P.

kerrplunk

She just put a lot of people out of work.....

john doe

What took so long?

What'saname?

Shocker?

Tahara

This is a very sad day. I read the comments and some are very negative considering a person who has lost their life. I see now the world is headed down a slippery slope. Amy winehouse had so much potential and her voice was great. Rest in peace. Condolences to her family.