Casey Anthony's Parents Reach Out to Rascal Flatts

7/25/2011 4:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's parents are trying to arrange a meet-and-greet with the band Rascal Flatts -- all to give the lead singer one big thank you for writing an emotional tribute to Caylee Anthony.

0722-anthonys-rascal-flats-ex2

TMZ has learned ... George and Cindy Anthony reached out to the band's reps this week after hearing the song, "She's Going Places" -- which lead singer Gary LeVox (right) co-wrote with another singer named Cledus T. Judd.

But the band isn't exactly in a hurry to respond -- a rep for Rascal Flatts tells us the band is mulling it over and has yet to decide if they'll meet up with the Anthonys.

If you haven't heard the song, the lyrics are pretty heartrending -- "She was just a baby, barely 2 years old / A story that shouldn’t have to be told" -- so if you're in the mood to tear up, take a listen.

Snotty Yachty

I think Gary & Cledus wrote the song for Caylee mostly because none of the family gave a dang. The A's only want to meet in case their might be royalties. Who are they kidding.... Just Say NO GARY!!

azlee

great song and it can be for so many children that are killed. Rascal Flats are known for thier charity work with children around nashville.

Great song, great tribute and great way to put it in peoples minds what our little ones are really about.

M.Ed.Jai

I agree with the person who suggested -- "why don't they just send a note if they sincerely want nothing more but than to say thank-you." I believe, these people are vultures. Please do not encourage them in their delusions of fame and grandeur.

LLR

The Anthony's are probably going to try to sue in order to get a piece of the pie. Don't Trust them!!! Where do you think Casey learned how to take advantage of people!? Her Momma!!

LLR

ANTHONY'S THE SONG IS FOR CAYLEE!! NOT ANY OF YOU!! YOU PLAYED A PART IN DESECRATING CAYLEE'S NAME AND LIFE!!

always

My God someone please give this woman a hair cut she looks like a wet rat fromth gutter. It is nasty!

4Dulaneys

My entire familyis a hugh fan of Rascal Flatts, and if thi is what it takes to meet them, then I think we will have to Boycott their music. Surely, they will not fall for all of this garbage. They did this out og the kindness of their heart, not for the Anthonys!!

MikeP

Rascal Flats, just saw this as a way of "cashing in"
Who are the fooling?

conniegail421

PLEASE Rascal Flatts do not meet with these people. They lied on the stand and hindered an investigation and consequence was a person went unpunished. All you have to do is go to "acandyrose.com" and see how much they really did do. The emails from Cindy's brother refers to them as complete morons and still they continued to lie, lie. This is such an injustice and should be reversed by the Supreme Court, there is a first for everything you know. This has devasted soooo many people. I had my first at 16 I know how hard it is and then I raised 2 on my own b/c of an alcoholic, they are the love of my life. The song is for Caylee and only for Caylee which by the way is absolutely beautiful. And amen to DaddyFrank he hits the nail on the head, these jurors yes I wish they were reading every bit of this, REALLY NOT GUILTY, they just wanted to go home all the reasons they have given make NO SENSE. Respect the jury system, AH no, i DON'T HAVE TO NOW for sure things need to change. I live in America I am entitled to feel how I feel I pay taxes, vote etc. bull I have plenty to say!. I really just want these folks to go away and never give them any publicity and surely boycott anything to give them money. On vacation for relexation, and donated at that, what about all of us out here working struggling in this economy who don't EVER get vacations and we don't LIE. Please DO NOT REACH OUT TO THEM, everyone already reached out to them in the beginning and look what they did, seriously they need a reality check and serious help.

tgrfan42069

people act stupid.saying they better not meet them..just because they want to shun that whole family everyone thinks no one should ever talk to the anthony's again.not guilty get over it.

Jay

CASEY ANTHONY BOYCOTT IN EFFECT!!! NO BLOOD MONEY FOR MURDERER!!!! CASEY ANTHONY BOYCOTT IN EFFECT!!! NO BLOOD MONEY FOR MURDERER!!!! CASEY ANTHONY BOYCOTT IN EFFECT!!! NO BLOOD MONEY FOR MURDERER!!!! CASEY ANTHONY BOYCOTT IN EFFECT!!! NO BLOOD MONEY FOR MURDERER!!!! CASEY ANTHONY BOYCOTT IN EFFECT!!! NO BLOOD MONEY FOR MURDERER!!!!

Jay

Summer

Please don't meet with these despicable people...."grieving grandparents" my a$$.......they haven't worked a day since they found the car that reeked of their granddaughter decomposing....they did everything they could to get their murdering whore of a daughter off from withholding evidence....cleaning the car....committing PERJURY!!! Your song is beautiful....

Jay