Rome from 'Sublime' -- AMAZING Winehouse Tribute

7/25/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sublime's new frontman Rome was so moved when he heard about Amy Winehouse's passing ... he hit the recording studio and busted out a version of "Rehab" in her honor ... and it's AMAZING.

072511_winehouse_tribute_still

Rome included this message with the video, "I recorded this tribute for Amy Winehouse after I heard the news of her passing. she is a huge inspiration to my music. We miss you Amy."

RWP

I hate it !!

Whateverbytch

I'm sorry but that sucked - leave it already

OooooNooo!

Of all the songs to sign as a "tribute" Rehab should be the last on the list. Douche just trying to grab the spotlight by cashing in on a celebrity death.

RWP

Actually, I hate it so much that I'd like to shove that dudes piercings down his ******* throat !!

RWP

And then I would love to smash the idiots face into the mixer !!

EvilPromise

Hahahaha just heard it again...

this has a KARAOKE backtrack!! Unreal!

WTF, you're in a BAND and can't even get support?

Exploit away you Sad MOOCH!

Grandma Cracker

Sublime is about as real as it gets, and Amy would have wanted to be remembered by her music. Good job, Rome.

Victoria

I thought it was great! Thanks Rome! RIP Amy

RWP

After I have cooled down, I would take my fist and break the mother ******* nose !!

Just sayin

mel

RIP Amy, thank God almighty your free at last. Don't know if there is any ulterior motives with this tribute, but excellent job Rome, sounds awesome.

AndUKnowThisMan

Amazing!! First time I started to feel sad about the whole thing!! The tribute is done real well!! THanks TMZ For posting this!

fifi

Awesome. Thanks.

debschira

WHY ARE SO MANY OF YOU SO JEALOUS OF THIS GUY ALREADY? HE DID AN AMAZING TRIBUTE TO AMY AND THAT'S ALL IT WAS A TRIBUTE TO AMY WINEHOUSE. AS MOST OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE HE DID NOT AND I REPEAT DID NOT DO IT FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN TO HONOR HER. SO ALL OF YOU AZZ HOLES THAT ARE SAYING THE NEGATIVE SHIZZ THAT YOU ARE, GROW THE FUCH UP AND GET A LIFE. DON'T COME ON HERE, GO TERRORIZE SOMEONE ELSE BESIDE WE THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW THE TRUTH FROM FICTION. GOT IT? GET IT!! AMY WOULD HAVE BEEN SO PROUD TO KNOW THAT S-O-M-E PEOPLE ARE HONORING HER WHILE OTHERS ARE ACTING LIKE MY BRAT BABY OF A HUSBAND WHO IS NEVER SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING. THAT'S ALL!

DLo

That was pretty awesome, a great tribute.

rose

To me, if you're gonna make a tribute to a fallen star, you wouldn't sing an upbeat song that hits extremely close to home on the possibility of cause of death. Why couldn't he have wrote something or at least added her voice on the song. Then again everyone mourns in their own way. Some mourn with dollar signs. I really hope all proceeds go to a charity.