Casey Anthony's Parents -- $250,000 Doesn't Cut It!!!

7/26/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The network bidding war over key interviews in the Casey Anthony case has gone into the stratosphere ... because TMZ has learned a syndicated talk show was laughed at with a bid of $250,000 for Casey's PARENTS!!!

0726_anthony_stations_EX2

The bidding has gone crazy ... we're hearing the bidding for a Casey interview was over $1.5 million.

Now ABC News has just released a statement, saying it will no longer pay for photos and video in exchange for interviews.

The announcement comes days after TMZ published a story ... that Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, was holed up in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, taking bids from NBC, ABC and CBS.  As we reported, Baez was in the Hotel bar Thursday night, discussing strategy with famed lawyer Mark Geragos.

Our sources say all three networks were offering the same deal -- they would pay a fortune to license photos and video from Casey. Short story -- it's a dishonest way of saying they don't pay for interviews.

We're told NBC -- which paid for Baez' hotel room -- was leading the pack in the Casey bidding war, even though the Network denied it was offering any money for an interview -- which is technically correct.

In its statement, ABC says, "We can book just about anyone based on the strength of our journalism."

Sure they can.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Wellington Wellington

Just when I think the Anthonys can't get any more loathsome and disgusting, they do. And the networks fighting over them are bottom feeders.

Liz Liz

Has any one thought of the fact that Casey ia a LIAR? She wouldn't recognize the truth for any amount of money. Who really cares what she or any one has to say the fact is a baby is dead and a killer has gone free.

paigehop paigehop

It is disgusting and weird, BUT those people are dirt poor from this whole horrible situation. I'm guessing they'll never find work again. They didn't kill Caylee. I don't know... toughy!

br />

tmz-top-comments-banner
Wellington Wellington

Liz Liz

paigehop paigehop

cmueller cmueller

It would be blood money. It is so wrong.

Carrie Carrie

How about the NETWORKS all give the $$$ they are willing to spend on any interview to the Missing Children groups to help find those children whose parents did the right thing and yet suffer because there are no resources to find them.

ZB ZB

Bottom line...she was not convicted...think what you will...but she wasn't...and now she has to try and live a life basically in danger and in hiding...I would be looking for a payday too...for plastic surgery...name change...hell maybe a new country to call home.

stella

tmz - this is a chance for you to expose things more important that trivial celebrity gossip. get us as much info on these deals as you can possibly dig up. name executives. show their pictures. list the advertisers. shame them all publicly. make it a pr disaster for all involved.

John

If any network pays that family money they should be boycotted. I say put them on the next plane to Norway.

Alaaan(:

All u ppl shouldve be alive! If that was my parents oh hell no i wouldve let them be alive!

Barb

Any network that pays any of the Anthony's money for ANYTHING...........is engaged in dishonoring the life & death of little Caylee Marie Anthony.........and will have joined the ranks of "blood hounds" barking & yelping in horrific glee as they profit off of the death of a little innocent 2 year old. For shame people. For shame. :(

Jamie

No one should be paying a dime for an interview with any of them. I am curious to hear what they have to say but I am not okay with networks paying millions to get the dish. A child is dead, paying them to talk about it glamorizes them and the tragedy.

Aimee

These people are ALL horrible and the story about Baez hoping to score a legal analyst gig? Eff that. He's NO expert. He's just a lawyer who got lucky.

Pamelals

The media and lawyers are a bunch of maggots!

rico

IF NANCY GRACE AND THE REST OF THE ILK AT CNN CAN MAKE MONEY OFF CASEY,I HOPE CASEY GETS AS MUCH AS SHE CAN,SHE WAS FOUND NOT GUILTY. HOWEVER HER PARENTS ARE PROBABLY THE CAUSE OF CASEYS PROPLEMS AND DONT THINK THEY SHOULD BE REWARDED.

mike hunt

This makes me sick. I wish somebody would take out this trash. Casey is dead woman walking as far as I'm concerned. Tik Tok Tik Tok. Take the parents too. Trash Trash Trash Trash!!!!! Makes me sick. Poor Caylee from above will be the one getting the last laugh. Believe that!

amanda

Who would even want to hear more bullcrap from the parents? They havent shut up for three years! They sure are good at miking this tragedy for all they can get! GREEDY!

Katie

Yes, BOYCOTT the network, BOYCOTT the actual show that would broadcast these sick people. I have no desire to look into the face of that woman or the people who raised her. GO AWAY! Stop trying to make money off a dead child you sick sick people!

Ondine

So disgusting. I honestly feel like switching fully to Cable (no networks) or Netflix. Blood money. Yuck. Nothing these people say is believable anyway. So why even listen???

some guy

Baez is a gnat. As soon as Casey wakes up, she'll realize Baez is only out for himself and would sell her down the river if he thought he could make more money.

I just hope there are lawyers in Casey's life who actually have her interests in mind

Barb

LOVE LOVE LOVE Stella's comment: "tmz - this is a chance for you to expose things more important that trivial celebrity gossip. get us as much info on these deals as you can possibly dig up. name executives. show their pictures. list the advertisers. shame them all publicly. make it a pr disaster for all involved".

She's baaaack

I'm with you @Barb. Best idea I've heard all day.