Blake Fielder-Civil: I Could Have Saved Amy

7/27/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil is anguishing, because he believes he could have saved Amy.

0726-blake-fielder-civil-amy-ex

Blake's dad, Larry Fielder, tells TMZ ... his son knew better than anyone the depth of Amy's drug addiction, and had planned to stage an intervention of sorts when he got out of jail -- the problem ... he's locked up until March, 2012.

There's obviously another issue -- Blake and Amy were famously co-dependent junkies and neither seemed capable of helping the other during their marriage.

Larry tells us ... shortly after Amy died Blake called him, crying hysterically.  Blake's current girlfriend, Sarah, visited him in jail recently for an hour and all Blake did was cry.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Chuck D of Valpo

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. If is the middle word in life.

Phreaky

Oh bullsh*t - Blake admitted he got her hooked on drugs in the first place.

snowleopard

Oh, right, Blake could have saved her? Please, he was the one who introduced her to heroin. And he can't keep his hands in his pockets or his **** in his pants, and being locked up is exactly where he belongs. He was in jail for assault during his marriage to Amy Winehouse, have no idea why he's back in now, but he remains a Mr. Nobody.

Lori

He could have saved her by NOT ever getting involved with her.

miller

I could have saved Amy's life,
but then I got high.
Amy could have been my wife,
but then I got high.
I missed her funeral and I know why:
because I got high,
because I got high,
because I got high-gh...

shewentwhoa

Yeah right. He was so toxic for her.

rose

All respects to Amy and her family and friends, but when dealing with an addict, you cannot plan to help them one day. You simply have to do it or regret not doing it when you had the chance to. Jail is the worst place to be when you have demons and lose someone.

kekoa

Yeah, understood how to help her the most because he's the one who got her wrapped up in that **** to begin with. Bugger off.....

D

Blakey.............work on yourself.

CJ

That's such a load of crap...he was the one that got her into the harder drugs in the first place. What a wanker!

Evan Benz

At least this dude actually liked her.
I on the other hand could care less.

RiP Ryan Dunn. Fcuk Amy Winehouse.

USA !!! USA !!!! USA!!!! USA !!!! USA!!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Rotter

It should have been him instead of her.

windshearalert

You have got to be kidding me.....in other news...this douchebag could also have saved the starving in Somalia and rescued Libia from internal strife.... If he wasn't in Jail for being an idiot.... Cry for him.... Pfffft

sharon

the ****en cheek of him!!!! he got her strung out on drugs in the first place!!! **** OF BLAKE YOU ATTENTION SEEKIN S***!

Kevin

hopefully he will kill himself and join his ugly ex wife in hell

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments