Blake Fielder-Civil: I Could Have Saved Amy

7/27/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil is anguishing, because he believes he could have saved Amy.

0726-blake-fielder-civil-amy-ex

Blake's dad, Larry Fielder, tells TMZ ... his son knew better than anyone the depth of Amy's drug addiction, and had planned to stage an intervention of sorts when he got out of jail -- the problem ... he's locked up until March, 2012.

There's obviously another issue -- Blake and Amy were famously co-dependent junkies and neither seemed capable of helping the other during their marriage.

Larry tells us ... shortly after Amy died Blake called him, crying hysterically.  Blake's current girlfriend, Sarah, visited him in jail recently for an hour and all Blake did was cry.

paigehop

A nobody junkie who still gets press?? TMZ, this is not entertainment.

Linda

He wanted to help her. Maybe in his heart ,but if he would have got back with Amy when he got out of jail they would be off and running in their addiction. Since he was so addicted to Herion I would quess Amy was hooked on it to. Blake you better get in the drug meeting in prison or you will be next to die or spend your life in prison from herion addiction. You will have to rob amd steal to suppport your habit.

Cromulent

This guy wanted to save Amy? He should think small first. He needs to save his *teeth*. Another fine example of the wonders of British dentristy.

darisa

MILLER - KILLER POST! LOVED IT.

I could have saved Amy's life,
but then I got high.
Amy could have been my wife,
but then I got high.
I missed her funeral and I know why:
because I got high,
because I got high,
because I got high-gh...

Bec215

Perhaps this will be the final straw that keeps him clean when he does get out - ironic if he (indirectly) caused her death, then had his life saved because of it.

karlew

The only way this moron could have saved her would have been never meeting her in the first place.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

So, the girlfriend sold this story to you? Is she a junkie too?

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Larry..er, nevermind. Is Larry, the dad a junkie?

Whateverbytch

sure buddy...arguing with her, causing her to get pissed and want more drugs to ease the pain isn't what I call help...he was toxic and took credit, as stated above, for her heroin addiction...he needs to learn from this so her can sober up...sadly, he's weak and I think he'll OD or kill himself from guilt...didn't he have a baby?

Belladonna

Rule #1. Never believe anything that a junkie says!
They should let him out of jail so he can join her.

c

Yeah, you could have saved Amy by never getting her hooked on the junk in the first place. The only thing he would have done is dragged her down even more. He should cry hysterically, he killed her.

smd

They look like dirty hobo street people....they need a shower and a hot meal....well not Amy so much now.

Marty

"That's a pair to draw to".

mel

@miller....i usually don't think this kind of thing is funny when people are mourning but blake is responsible for this too and that was hilarious.

Lekili

How about not turning her onto drugs in the first place you fool. You are nothing more than bad news, that's why you are behind bars, again. If you cared about her you would have protected her while you were married to her. Shame on you