Soulja Boy "Jet" Purchase

REP CALLS BS

7/30/2011 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0730_soulja_boy_g5_3
Soulja Boy -- along with several members of his inner circle -- perpetuated a lie about purchasing a $55 million G5 jet ... at least that's what a spokesperson for Soulja is now saying.

Earlier this week, TMZ spoke with Soulja, a member of his management team named Shai Storm and Soulja's assistant -- who all verified Soulja dropped the cash on the private jet as a 21st birthday gift to himself.

In fact, Soulja even went on a radio show yesterday in Miami -- after TMZ's story posted -- and when asked if he bought the plane, coyly told the DJ he was "G5 status" ... but never said the story was false.

Now, Soulja's "spokesperson" Greg Miller has issued a statement on behalf of the rapper ... saying the "elaborate rumors" are "not true."

Funny, because when our reporter spoke with Soulja earlier this week -- and asked him directly, he responded, "Hell yeah ... I bought it."

Sadly, so did we.

Since Miller's statement, TMZ has made dozens of calls to Shai Storm -- but he hasn't picked up. Storm did return a text message saying he was instructed that all media relations are now going through Miller.

renae

I had a sneaking suspicion that this story had to be false. How would he afford that unless he has a RIDICULOUS line of credit. I commented somewhere else that I thought maybe TMZ was duped into writing this story. Good thing you all cleared it up ( as much as it could be cleared
Up, I guess.)

Belizeanborn

It is a shame when fools are given money and they don't know how to handle it. As he is only worth about $15 million, I find it really stupid that he would be advised to purchase a plane, of all things, for $55 million. Another broke rapper, coming up. He should speak to MC Hammer.

me

I JUST GLAD THESE IDIOTS HAD TO RECANT THE STORY. THIS IS JUST STUPID.

Jay

Free publicity for soulja boy.... I didn't know until yesterday who this ugly guy was?

Em

LMAO! I said this exact thing yesterday!! Everyone knows people in Hollywood have to make it look like they have gobs of money, but in reality, by the time you pay all your people, you don't have much.

BW

***** PLEASE

Amy

@Mk: Actually you are wrong about only billionaires buying jets. Family friends of mine own their own jet and they are only millionaires...but they have a lot more money then the guy in this story, for sure!

Joe

Isn't this all that rap and black culture is? A cry for attention? It's a look at me all style (and even that's questionable) and no substance culture.

NURREDIN

I told you so!

Justin

Happy Birthday! you can put sugar on a cow patty but it still tastes like a cow patty.

Woot

Stupid wanna be punk. Your light going out, son?

RJ Hunt

I told you TMZ, NO WAY can anyone with a net worth of 20 million buy a 50 million dollar Gulf Stream...I don't care who you are...You wanna own a Gulf Stream G5??? you better have Jerry Jones type of money...Oprah can't even afford a G5 she got a Citation, which runs about 18 million...

Sin D

told ya...

Justin

MC Hammer filed for bankrupcy almost two decades ago and he isn't broke anymore. We could all learn from his rebounded entrepreneurship and unbroken spirit. "We got to pray just to make it today..."

Crystal

Private jet, PLEASE! He probably doesn't even own his home.