Kings of Leon

RESCHEDULING SHOWS

AFTER TEXAS MELTDOWN

7/31/2011 6:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

King of Leon Concerts
The band Kings of Leon has not only scheduled a make-up concert for their Houston show that was canceled completely last night, but they are also going back to Dallas to make up the show that ended abruptly on Friday ... TMZ has learned.

KOL will play in Dallas on September 21 and in Houston on September 22. Tickets for the previous shows will be honored, and refunds will be honored for fans who cannot make the new dates.

This all stems from a battle with the heat for lead singer Caleb Followill. On Friday, a show at the Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas was cut short after lead Followill complained the heat was messing with his voice. He left the stage ... never to return.

The band then canceled a show scheduled for last night at the Woodlands Pavilion, located just outside Houston.

UPDATE: Kings of Leon is cancelling their entire U.S. tour

Sin D

Kings of Leon cut short a St. Louis show because of bird droppings now it's too hot 4 'em? WAAAAA!WAAAA! WAAAAA! Rock IS dead.

Cujeaux

D*uchebag move that will cost them.

smd

****!

smd

Oh I can't type that......well here goes...******* !

smd

****!

Phil

As I am reading this I'm remembering Tina Turner in her mid-60...'s rocking out for 2 hours in Rio and as she said, "It is HOT in Rio". Now if she can do it, I don't see what these guys are complaining about. After all, don't they just kind of stand there?

Juliana

I'm willing to give em another chance. It was really hot in Tx (and I am from here...I know). Couple the heat with a normal amount of liquor during the day (not knowing what the heat will do)...and there ya go. The band rescheduled right away and offered to refund tickets...what do ya want?

gramercy808

Wow I thought you had to be famous to be on TMZ

Beth

They have a reputation for doing this! St. Louis, MO last year, played three songs then cancelled because of "birds". There's been a million concerts played in this venue and no one ever cancelled because of birds.

Jorge

One hit wonders??!! WTF you guys talking about? These guys have had several hits... Now I may not be a big fan of theirs. I am more hard and heavy metal freak, but I respect most of their music. It's great to to listen to and get drunk to. At least these guys actually have talent and play instruments. Not like all this hip-hop, auto-tune, pop music **** that's out in the mainstream.

Shark jumper

I wish tmz would label who is who, so all their preteen fans know what a ***** looks like..

ChinLee3

Kings of pretentiousness.

Phreaky

They are SOOO overrated. Their music sucks. I cannot comprehend why they became famous out of all the bands out there. Not to mention their singer is a little b!tch

Cujeaux

I hope the people who go to the second show pelt them with tomatoes and eggs just to see the little bitch have another tantrum.

Gill Grylls

this makes me laugh. I worked for the band RUSH and last year and this year in the extreme heat on the Time Machine Tour Neil, Alex and Geddy all in their late 50s STILL performed a 3 hour set no matter the temperature. THAT is a professional musician!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments