Matt Damon RIPS Reporter

DON'T INSULT TEACHERS

8/2/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matt Damon Teachers
Matt Damon channeled the spirit of Will Hunting this weekend at an education rally in DC -- unapologetically OWNING a hapless reporter, who implied teachers are ONLY motivated by fear of losing their jobs.

How do you like them apples?

0802-matt-damon-sub

tgrfan42069

matt you and your fellow actors insult them every time you make a millions just for standing in front of a camera..mean while the teachers get paid peanuts.heres an idea how about you and your actor friend switch pay scales with the teachers.

Nikki

Teachers are overpaid babysitters!!!

Ghost Rider

In pre kindergarten my mom forgot to dress me in green for St. Pattys day. My teacher was cruel enough to let the kids torment me all day rather than cut out a green shamrock for me to wear. Kids will be Kids, but bad teachers are bad teachers, and I hate almost every teacher I have ever had to this day! So I hope teachers take note that you can be hated for the rest of your life by students. I remember my sixth grade teachers name was Mrs. Fink, no joke! I wonder how many students think back on her and say "That Mrs. Fink really taught me, she was a real inspiration on my life". I doubt any.

Anon

I don't know what Matt's feelings are about President Obama and he may have altered his opinion on the primary, but Matt most certainly would not have voted for the McCain/Palin ticket. His opinions on Sarah Palin and her potential proximity to the presidency are very well known and there's no way he would have voted for her.

Shread

The Bozo is such a pompous a$$. When he appeared on Entourage he showed his true colors so don't be fooled thinking he's a nice guy. He's NOT.
Total Jag Off...but a great actor.

ChristineTV

Okay, I've been on the fence about Damon for years, but I now love him. What a guy, and good for him!

fabian

Good Job Matt! There are so much more great teachers then bad teachers. There are crappy people in every profession i.e.( G.W.), but some people are not smart enough to figure that it out...

Anon

Matt's mother is a former public school teacher. That reporter was stupid to think he's just going to stand there while the reporter takes jabs at his mom.

Betty

Matt Damon is becoming so arrogant I cant stand to listen to him. He thinks he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. It's OBNOXIOUS. Go act and leave the public alone with your holier-than-thou opinions. It's very easy to get on a soapbox when you want for nothing in your own life. When you're wondering how to pay your utilities and where to get the money for gas, THEN your arguments, both politically and otherwise, might have some merit.

Julie

Dear Matt Damon,

Come sit in a classroom of YOUR CHOOSING at any local marginal/average public school (of which there are many) and tell me teachers teach because they want to teach. Yes, some do but MANY do not. And don't ASSUME the ones WHO DO KNOW HOW or ARE COMPETENT, because many are not. Our public education system HAS WENT DOWN THE TOILET.

My question for Matt is DO OR WILL YOUR CHILDREN GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

Exactly.

Julie

Dear Matt Damon,

Come sit in a classroom of YOUR CHOOSING at my local high school and tell me teachers teach because they want to teach. Yes, some do but MANY do not. And don't ASSUME the ones WHO DO KNOW HOW or ARE COMPETENT, because many are not. Our public education system HAS WENT DOWN THE TOILET.

My question for Matt is DO OR WILL YOUR CHILDREN GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

Exactly.

cv

The guy did back Obama, no accounting for taste. But at least know what you are talking about we discussing his education.

Nostradamus

He sounded very intelligent until he tried to make a point.
Matt, some teachers DO get lazy once they reach tenure.
It happens.

Kathy

Love this guy!!

Some of you people obviously never listened to your teachers because your low IQ is showing.

OctoJihadi

Dear Matt,
If you want to give up your headshot, narcissistic, look at me, performer lifestyle and become a professional sleaze ball politician...go right ahead. Otherwise, shut the **** up about all things political and ACT you dumb ass...just cause you might play a person with a depth of understanding doesnt mean you actually do, or I actually care. I dont get my politics from actors or my entertainment from politicians. Dumb assed west coast libby know it alls. F-you, I aint payin to see your **** anymore. You aint that good anyway.