The Salahis

G'DAY to 'Dancing with the Stars'

8/3/2011 2:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0802_SALAHI_DWTS_AUSTRAlia
Alleged White House crashers Tareq and Michaele Salahi are HUGE down under -- in fact, we're told, the "Real Housewives of DC" stars are closing in on a deal to appear on Australia's "Dancing with the Stars."

The offer's already on the table for next season -- and sources tell TMZ, Tareq and Michaele are just hammering out the nitty gritty before signing on the dotted line.

And to prove just how famous they are over there -- we're told the couple also shot a commercial for an Australian laundry detergent last week ... LAUNDRY DETERGENT.

0802-salihi-tmz-v2_sub
G status.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Candy

As proud Aussie, I can say that the Salahis are not big here at all. In fact the only way I have heard of them is from TMZ.

Marie

I'm Aussie. Never heard of them! Only seen them on this website and have no clue who they are. Could be saying something about DWTS though, they could be a tad desperate for contestants!

Dede

Yep..never heard of them either..from OZ

samuel bronkowitz

For you Aussies that don't know who they are: http://jezebel.com/5655184/salahi-101-a-guide-to-the-lawsuits--lies. They are 5 star fame whores who will do anything for attention. They are completely talentless. You may have them...Please keep them!!

dazzler

Another one here from OZ, never heard of them, until just now.

Leesa

As an Aussie I only know them from TMZ. They are not big here in Oz.

samuel bronkowitz

Check out the Facebook group: Michaele Salahi is an idiot

Sam

So they apparently don't want celebs on their show over there :(

Leigh

I am a Aussie. who are these people? No word here about them being on dancing with the stars. I guess they come cheap

jenny smith

As a fair dinkum aussie and an avid Housewifes' fan, I can tell you most emphatically that I have never heard one comment over here about the Salahi's....their name means **** over here..

Amelia

Total and complete nonsense. I have only heard of them on TMZ and I can say with EXTREME confidence they would get a complete WTF if they were on TV. I am telling you, they are nothing here. They didn't even make the news at the time.

Emily

NO,no,no most of us Australian do not this couple other than 5 seconds of distant news head lines! Think they may be creating their own publicity!

Fidel's niece

They are 2 desperate Z list fame whores,
do us all a favor and send them to a galaxy
far,far, faaaaaar away. PLEASE!

Reg

You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What on earth are you talking about, Who in the name of sanity approved this travesty.Please tell me that oz tv programmers are not this desperate.Then again most of oz media is controlled by the Murdochs. Nuff said, no one in the great country or Australia would even know who these sleaze bags are. I only know because I occasionaly check out TMZ for a bit of guilty voyuristic pleasure.

Leanne

Yet another Aussie here...what a load of rot...they are completely unknown and are serious losers...DWTS must be really scraping the barrel now...you can have 'em!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments