Ex-Chili Peppers Guitarist

'I FEAR I'M BEING STALKED'

8/8/2011 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0808_john_frusciante_EX
Former Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante believes he's being "stalked" by an obsessed female fan ... claiming "I am worried that she is unstable and that she could snap at any moment."

Frusciante filed the request in L.A. last week, saying a 32-year-old woman named August Elizabeth Thomas approached him in 2010 in the hopes of writing a screenplay about his life ... but she wouldn't take no for an answer.

In the docs, Frusciante claims Thomas began firing off aggressive emails and letters -- described as "long, rambling and overly emotional -- and in some cases, she would admit that she is 'often drunk.'" He claims Thomas also showed up to concerts where his rocker wife Nicole Turley was performing to talk about her script.

Frusciante -- who played off and on with RHCP since 1988 -- says the final straw was when Thomas showed up to his home on July 28 ... and AGAIN on July 29.  Frusciante explains, "I feel like I'm being stalked."

He adds, "I fear both for my safety and for my wife's safety. Given that my wife and I are musicians and often play at venues around the world, it is hard for us to avoid Ms. Thomas if she is free to continually show up to harass us."

Both sides are due in court later this month. Calls and emails to Thomas were not immediately returned.

Chef Jack Tripper

This guy is one of the best guitarists out there. He deserves hundreds of stalkers, thats how good he is at playing guitar.

daftshadow

I hope RHCP's new album doesn't suck without John. I always liked his riffs, melodies, and solos.

Strokadellic

Is dude getting blown in that photo?

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

The only thing stalking him is the has been fairy.

FriendlyKitty

The woman is crazy. She originally wanted to make a film about River Phoenix and didn't know who John Frusciante was come one year ago. Then, whoop, she had a scenario.

Meanie

Thats what you get for wearing socks on your ***** on stage - weird people tend to want to follow you around.

TheMarshmallowMan

I guess stalking is the new sex tape

Jackazz flatts

She thought he was Bruce Springsteen

jimmy d

John Frusciante is one of the greatest guitarists ever. He is a super-star amongst musicians but in the public not so much. In RHCP, Kiedis and Flea are more or less the faces of the band but Frusciante is an excellent songwriter that is and was integral to their successes. Just listen to an album with Frusciante vs. without, it is night and day. If you like any Chili Peppers songs played on the radio or hits it is Frusciante that you like. Check it out for yourself.

BTW: John, RHCP is gonna suck hard without you, so if you are reading this go back to the band (at least until I can see you in concert with them). Best.

Cujeaux

TMZ tried to contact the stalker? Isn't that asking for trouble?

I'm sure the last thing John wants to be reminded of are his heroin days when he lost all of his teeth and spent most of his time in his filthy house nodding off with Timothy Leary. Man that was gross.

Jim Kettler

this isn't real. You really need to get your **** together. This site is basically stalking.

cindy

why is he not hat the Chilli Peppers anymore?

nevernude

Of course. From Michegan, now lives in Hollywood. How freakin passe. Oh yeah, she looks really stable too:

Mimi

One of the most brilliant guitarists of our time. Never thought he would get married but good for him! The woman sounds like a freak. John's fans can apparently get quite bizarre and obsessive.

Lindsey

As a Frusciante fan, I read a lot about him on the internet, and it's weird to know that I was aware of this girl and her screenplay. She was "casting" for it all over the internet. It was always kind of sketchy, since she was obviously not a particularly experienced filmmaker and was casting through social networks. I feel very bad for John.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments