Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Heather

RIP, So Sad.

Regine

My condolences to the family he left behind and to those who loved him.

Toni

Wow Jani...I have been a fan since I was 15. I saw you at the bar at The Whiskey 22 years ago and you had 2 hot blondes in your arms. I saw you in Woodland Hills ALL the time. Ralphs, Blockbuster, Costco...but I never told you what a huge fan I was. And you were right around the corner from me when you died. RIP Jani

Queen Karma

Comfort Inn ...and he used to be at The Plaza/The Regis/TheDrake etc.
Fame ended a long time ago like in 1991.
Money-doesn't last unless you keep putting in.
Women-Bobbie Brown had a child with and a marriage and divorce.I feel sorry for his adult -late teenage daughter. She must be between 16-19 now.
Lane needed to accept the fact his career was long over,live on sound investments,line up other work as song writer,etc.
Drugs/alcohol IS NOT A DISEASE. It is A CHOICE. After,the body and mind craves this and cannot function with it or without it. It is addicitve.

hershey blanco

RIP jani.. youre music was my life :'(

Steven Hofer

Very sad, He will be missed and is still part of some of the greatest music written in Rock and Roll.

Dinese

What a shame. RIP!

brooke manack

r.i.p jani i loved ur band and that song sweet cherry pie u rocked.I will never forget u.

StarreLight

all the great singers from the 80's are dying off....i've loved warrent since i was a kid and will never grow tired of them...so sad to hear this news...r.i.p. jani lane...your music was phenominal....God bless....

Jodi Latronica

I had the opportunity to see Poison and Warrant in Oakland in 1991. A month later I met Jani in Las Vegas at the Sahara. I am so sad to hear of his passing. He was a nice guy. RIP.

TRACY

WOW..... What is goin on with all these crazy deaths... Im sad :/

daniel newton

just heard about jani lane great singer loved 80s 90s warrent music its to bad i prey for his family

suzette

Another one dies alone and miserable! Sadd! He new how to die alone! Ashame! It is said,that 95% of the Hollywood stars will die of drugs and liq. Even though you think the fame and money and drugs will make you happy! You still have other issues to go along with it!Thought my life was a reck!

Judee