Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Rebecca Lynn

So sad to hear of his death! Warrent was a great band ang hi voice was golden! You will be missed!

Teresa E.

Hi, any news about funeral arrangements for Jani Lane? I'm sure they had to have had it by now, but where, when, where is he at, etc? Thanks

MG

Such a beautiful voice, so talented, and he had a great stage presence. RIP Jani

Cheri

Some of u guys are very insensitive. A tragedy has happened. He had a family that cared about him. He was a great artist. How about a little compassion you jerks

mark smith

Don't ****in knock Rock Gods DoucheBags

Whiskeymetal

Awesome rocker...who thinks they have the right to break on someone they don't even know? you haters are filth. I wouldn't wish such misery on anyone. Jani Lane WAS Warrant in many of our eyes. R.I.P.Jani Lane

Thomas

"Focus in the Mix with Denise Ames" TV Show
Our Tribute to / Last Interview with the Late JANI LANE episode of the TV Show is NOW up on www.FocusintheMixwithDeniseAmes.com ~ Hope you enjoy it. R.I.P. JANI LANE 1964 – 2011. Denise Ames, News Anchor/Host, Los Angeles

dogma

Damn he died on my birthday. I didn't like the band back in the 80's but they were ok in my later years when I learned about class. So sad R.I.P.

Gary Lee Durant II

SEE UP IN HEAVEN.UNTIL THEN GOD BLESS AND EASE THE PAINE FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE.......
GARY LEE DURANT II

Jazz

Thanks Jani for being part of my youth, I saw you guys when I was 15 - RIP man, Jazz from Bondi

Andy

To a guy who not only represented the youth of my generation but was sadly to say, "a star burning brightly", that just could not bless us with his presence completely. You will be missed Jani

bioodpaw

warran

mark

rip jani!

bioodpaw

warrant hot

Bull

Jani, Look over your girls...They need your protection...