Michael Jackson Tribute Concert

We're Killing KISS

From the Roster

8/16/2011 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0816_gene_simmons_ex

The promoters of the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert have heard fans loud and clear -- Gene Simmons, who has accused Michael of being a pedophile, and his band KISS, have been dropped from the roster.

There was a flurry of criticism after TMZ posted a story ... that Gene said last year, "There is no question in my mind he molested those kids.  Not a doubt."

The promoters tell TMZ, "We have listened to Michael's fans and are grateful to have been alerted to these unfortunate statements by Gene Simmons.  Under the circumstances we fully agree that even though KISS is a band Michael admired we have no choice but to rescind our invitation to them to appear in our tribute concert."

The Estate had fired off a letter to the promoters yesterday, expressing their displeasure over KISS performing at the concert.

Bill

Shocka! Wacko put his hands and mouth on little boys, gave them wine and slept with them. Read the court transcripts you idiotic fanboys and fangirls. KISS has made more money then Wacko ever will. They don't need this concert anyway and I am ashamed they would even go.

dannah

Here is a guy who had a genius at creating and writing music and kills himself. BUT KNOW ONE who was in music or weird Hollywood would have anything to do with this piriah during his trial of pedophila. NOW everything wants to be apart of the ban wagon of Michael Jackson. He was a selfish
man who didnt even consider his children he wanted so badly.
If I were Gene Simmons I would be thankful that you recended the invitation to preform at some dumb concert honoring a pedophile.

justice

GOOD!

DieselsJezebel

I was so pissed that Gene Simmons and Kiss would accept such an offer. I'm sorry they got axed instead of what they should have done, was turn it down because they don't play tribute's to child molesters. Though I have doubts on the 2nd case which Michael Jackson was acquitted from. There were too many inconsistencies with the parents. Michael and his legal party were adamant they would pursue because Michael was innocent. Why did he not fight the first case and instead paid the child/parents off? Because there was something there. People need to realize that just because you like a song does not mean the person who sings it has no bad tendencies or is not a pedophile.

janice

MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A TRIBUTE CONCERT FOR HIM
DAM LET THE MAN REST IN PEACE ALL THEY WON'T IS MONEY

Kathy

I commented on this story before--does NOT make me a fan. I believe MJ was a pedophile and got away with it because he was rich and famous. A tribute to him is inappropriate.

VP

I like how all u MJ bashing people always claim he was a pedophile without knowning the facts. Were any of you in the bed with him? I don't think so. The only people that know the actual truth is MJ, those kids, and God! All ya can do is speculate and believe everything the media says that's it!!!

Bazahger

Lixos!!!

Claus

Gene told it like it is. MJ was a gay pedophile, which is a tough fact to deal with.

randy

nobody said kiss or gene wanted to play at the tribute, they said they are going to take back their invite. meaning they were going to include kiss. but even though mj was found not guilty it was still pretty clear what he did. and the sleep over thing is creepy enough for people to think he is a pedo.

mike

Funny no matter what the legal system does, there will always be those who insist MJ was guilty. Gene will never be recognized as the performer MJ was. That is Gene's issue, not the money.

MEHELLYEAH

gene is a talent-less hack, he is fugly to boot!

Kittycat101

Record producer Rob Hoffman reminisces about Michael. See entire piece here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board­/4325168-post13.html

Once, while we were taking a break, I think we were actually watching the OJ chase on TV, there was a news program talking about him being in Europe with some little boy. I was sitting next to the guy while the news is making this crap up. He just looked at me and said this is what I have to deal with.

I spent close to 3 years working with him, and not once did I question his morals, or ever believe any of the allegations. I wasn't even a fan then. I saw him interact with his brothers kids, other people's children, and at one point my own girlfriend's kids. I got to spend a day at Neverland with them. A completely incredible human being, always looking for a way to make all children's lives better. Every weekend at Neverland was donated to a different children's group - children with AIDS, children cancer, etc., and most of the time he wasn't there.

estella

I am go glad that Gene Simmons will not be at the tribute to Michael Jackson, I'm so tired of people willing to believe the worst about Michael. Do you honestly think people all over the world who loved and admired would do so if the believed for a moment that he molested boys? I agree with Alexis 100%.He was misunderstood and his actions were taken out context

Glenda Philpot

Michael Jackson was not a pediphile. Gene Simmons who boasts and even wrote a song about haveing sex with 16 year old girls IS!!!!!!! No telling how many other of his what he says 5,000 sexual encounters were with little girls. You Sicko Simmons. *smooches*