« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Police Investigating

Alleged Church Altercation

8/16/2011 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0816_kobe_bryant_bn_tmzSan Diego police want to talk to Kobe Byrant about the alleged tussle he had with another man in church ... over a cell phone picture.

Kobe was reportedly in the St. Therese of Carmel Church in Carmel Valley this past Sunday when he allegedly grabbed the phone out of a man's hand.

According to KCBS-TV in Los Angeles -- which first reported the incident -- Kobe thought the man was using the phone to take pics of Kobe and his wife ... but did not find any photos on the phone.

The man claims his wrist was injured.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jack

"about his a tussle he allegedly had"

Harvey, with all your money you can't hire an editor?

TRW

Taking matters to attorneys and to the tabloids is NOT the way church going christians should handle such an altercation. Good grief... Of course, he could have simply asked his fellow church goer if he was taking pictures, trust his answer, and move on...Is there no place left that really doesn't care if you're a celebrity or not?

kisa

@ahua549
There is someone in a website for their own city, their partner in the website, and then in reality firm date, and finally the aisle together
enjoy the husband and wife of loving. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, MilCupid.com

Gatanegra

Kobe Brant is a jerk. In other news the sky is blue.

Anna

Kobe is an egotistical jerk, but somehow it wouldn't surprise me even a little bit if his horrible wife was behind this one.

Bill

Why do "some people" always resort to violence?

John

Nothing is going to happen to Kobe. Why? He's a celebrity. We know how those rules work.

Kathy

Rich bullies always get away with "stuff."

McG

Wow, he must not have really been paying attention to the service, or maybe he noticed the guy as he let the offering place pass without putting anything in it. ;-)

get real

What Do You Expect? Violence. Its the Nature of the Beast!

killykilly

What was the guy doing with his cell phone out at church in the first place? I can see why Kobe thought that. Also, his wrist is hurt? Give me a break. The guy is looking for a big payday by calling the police and getting an attorney over something like that. There are some things that are private and you know people invade every moment of Kobes' life.

Joe

Thou shall not use a phone in church !

ExKage

Wait, so what was this guy doing with his phone out in church anyway?

If I was a celebrity in a church with some guy out with his phone looking at me, I'd be thinking the same thing. Maybe I just like my privacy and don't like people taking pictures of me without my permission.

Hope Kobe apologized but it sounds like the guy now wants a payout.

CarneyIsGod

Oh, you hurt your wrist, what a sad ******* story. If I could carry a law suit for every time I hurt my wrist I'd have enough money to pay off the worlds debt 3 times over and still have a bunch left over

moi

Hey Kobe-you're not that important and most of the world could care less about you-

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments