Lindsay Lohan Attacks Pitbull

Sues Over 'Give Me Everything'

8/19/2011 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-lindsay-neyo-pittbull-ex
Lindsay Lohan has just sued the rapper Pitbull for a line in his mega-hit, "Give Me Everything," for a disparaging lyric about her.

The song -- written by Ne-Yo and Afrojack, also defendants -- has a line:

Hustlers move aside, so I'm tiptoein', to keep flowin'
I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan.

Lindsay is pissed, claiming in her lawsuit ... "the lyrics, by virtue of its wide appeal, condemnation, excoriation, disparaging or defamatory statements by the defendants about the plaintiff are destined to do irreparable harm to the plaintiff."

Lindsay, who claims in the lawsuit she is "a professional actor of good repute and standing in the Screen Actors Guild, is suing under the New York civil rights laws, which protects people from having their name exploited for commercial purposes.

Lindsay alleges the appearance of her name in the song "causes [Lindsay] to be associated and identified in connection with defendants."

The suit -- filed by Stephanie Ovadia -- seeks an injunction to stop all of the defendants from broadcasting the song.  It also seeks unspecified damages.  Ovadia is the same lawyer who filed the E*TRADE lawsuit on Lindsay's behalf, which settled for a confidential sum.

0818_audio_launch_lindsay

Rogue Warrior

ou H8rs are just like the bullies in classrooms all across the world! I can only hope, YOUR children are treated you like you treat Lindsay every story, because THEY deserve to be!

FACTOIDAL from your local FACTORIAN who keeps it "real" one post at a time!

Don't quite GOTTI go, pool party postponed till 2:30 losers!

BTW, trip to Aruba is full and all polices in place. Proceeds will go to council!

pbullz

what has been done cannot be undone she already went to the pokey....She is a convict for life...Deal with it hooka.
Gold-diggin skank come sue me for pointing out the obvious.

JR86

She's pathetic..I mean, Eminem used to attack everyone, Britney, Chrstina & a whole bunch of other celebs, and none of them sued him if I'm correct. This patheti*****tle girl is my age, she needs to grow the f8ck up. She needs to stop screwing up and get a real job to make money since her career is long gone.

Ghost Rider

I wonder what King Solomon would of thought of Lindsay had she lived in his time. She was probably like those hookers arguing over the baby, so Im guessing the King would not think to highly of her.

Danielle

Her lawyer Stephanie Ovadia explains that thing herself by saying that it is a money thing. She told E! News, “The problem is they used her name without compensation in the song, and confused the public about whether or not she was a collaborator.”

ilovegossip

@Danielle

That's completely different than what this story is claiming. This story (which seems to take text from the lawsuit) is going for defamation, not for compensation for use of her name. Seems to me they would have had a better chance with a 'compensation for use of name' lawsuit, although I don't think they could win that either, since she is a public figure. I don't believe her name is trademarked either, is it? I know Dina threatened to trademark the name "Lindsay" which is a joke in itself!

Danielle

new story

help this young woman

I think Linds is going to settle. They made a firm offer: 2 packs of Parliament Roughies and a case of Chapstick Lights. I say go for it.

Nikki

She's attention-whoring again. "locked up like Lindsay Lohan?" That's nothing. When I read this headline, I thought I'd hear some perverse sexual innuendo or insult. Lindsay needs to get over herself. Eminem rapped worse lyrics about Mariah and Christina Aguilera, both of whom have a cleaner image than Lindsay. She acts like trash, then she wants to clutch her pearls in shock when it's brought up. If you ask me, Pitbull was being kind.

ang

you went to jail wtf does it matter if it is used in a song ,you were used up a long time ago anyway. now be gone!

babydoll

ilove pitbull and support him!

Hime

She pled guilty. She doesn't get to claim this is derogatory- it's fact.

Daisy

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! my cousins LOVE this song

Sharon Osbourne

She's a has-been & this is her trying to stay in the spotlight. She sucks really, really bad! She's only famous because the press keeps talking about her. She should be in JAIL!!!

Lily

She's wack she'll do anything for money cause no one wants her ass on anything! One of my favorite songs lol :)

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments