Jani Lane 911 Call

Nobody Wants to Touch the Body

8/24/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823_jani_lane_EX_911
When Jani Lane's body was discovered at an L.A. hotel earlier this month, no one at the scene wanted to go near him... even to check if he was still alive -- this according to the 911 call obtained by TMZ.

According to the caller -- a lady at the front desk -- housekeepers discovered the body ... but no one would touch it to check for a pulse.

The dispatcher replies, "It would be nice to know if we can help him" -- but the hotel staff at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA still refused.

As we previously reported, investigators found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription pills on the scene. Toxicology results are expected shortly. Calls to the hotel haven't been returned.

Ghost Rider

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

stinknlawyer

It'd been nice if there was somebody who spoke English working that the motel...wow.

BarbieJean

"No one wants to check on him"....... WTF!? And that desk clerk.. WTH!?! AbsoLUTELY NO professionalism whatsoever. She sounded like a confused 3 yr old.

Eddie

Nice customer service at the Comfort Inn. We don't want to try to save anyone. We'd rather let them die.

Swords Woman

That is sad...truly sad.
I'm so grateful to be sober.

corina

I cant believe no one would go into the room so heartbreaking.

IceGypsy

Seriously?? No one was willing to even check on the man? WTF. Sure he could have been dead for a while, but what if he wasn't. CPR may have been enough to bring him back. That's messed up. Most hotels have security staff who would be trained in CPR. That's Pathetic!!

cindy

Beth

Well that says it all - Stay away from the Comfort Inn Hotel in Woodland Hills, CA!!

Scoopslam

Such Comfort at the Comfort Inn.

royalredus

That is PATHETIC. Whatever happened to concern for your fellow man?? That's why I love where I live. Where Americans who speak English actually help each other, quickly, and care about life. This woman might be more comfortable back in her own country where she can just leave others to die. I agree with BarbieJean...she does sound like a confused 3 year old! In fact I have heard news reports of toddlers doing a better job dialing 911 than this idiot.

I cannot imagine how painful Jani Lane's last weeks of life were. Apparently so bad off that someone had to stick a note in his pants telling others who he is in case he's found dead?? Just sad.

JP

A. They were probably illegals and B. at that point it could have been a murder scene they didn't want to tamper with. I don't blame em. People who work in hotels see some crazy S&*(*&. Personally, my first reaction would have been "This could be a murder. I'm not touching the body out of protection for my own body. I could be injured if there's some kind of substance on it (ie. anthrax). I don't think the staff is obligated to interact with someone dying/dead. That's what 911 is for. Get your ass over here, and find out yourself.

iPad2Giveaway

FREE iPad 2 + Cover - http://peerfly.com/x/0/3076/47431/

Eileen

OK - well this is a warning isn't it? NOBODY stay at a Comfort Inn. Clearly they'll just leave you there to die if you have a heart attack, or stroke or seizures. And no hands off Defibrillator? Even Walmart has those. Beware of Comfort Inn!!!

Jennyy

It has been stated that Lane had been dead for near a day when his body was found. There would be no need to check for a pulse, it would be more than obvious that he was long dead. Many people have superstitions about touching or disturbing dead bodies. I am not a professional therefore I would not want to touch a dead body especially if I didn't know the cause of death.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments