Pitbull Shocked By LiLo Lawsuit

I Was Trying to Keep Her Relevant

8/25/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Pitbull thinks Lindsay Lohan should be thanking him -- not suing him -- for including her name in his hit song, "Give Me Everything" ... claiming he thought the shout-out would HELP her career.

Pitbull went into serious mode during an interview for his official fansite -- wearing a suit and tie -- and said, "I was very surprised when I found out about the lawsuit ... at first I read it and I thought, 'This has got to be a joke.'"

As TMZ first reported, Lohan filed the suit last week -- claiming the rapper wrongfully used her name for commercial gain by using the lyric, "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" in the song.

The rapper says he supports Lindsay's career -- adding, "In no way shape or form would I wanna bring that on anyone ... I didn't look to defamate [sic], degrade or hurt someone's career."

"For me mentioning it ... on the number one record in the world ... I thought it would be helping someone's career and keeping them relevant."

He concluded by inviting Lindsay to be his guest at the upcoming MTV VMAs. So far, no word if he's received a response.

keeping it real

Let's all ban together to and not talk about The Hiltons, Kardashians, or the Lohans.

Celebrities Suck

Seriously Lindsay Lohan? The mention of her name on this song caused her mental and anguish? Are you ******** me? Lindsay Lohan you have caused damaging to yourself, you're an embarrassment to society you should be happy that you're even mentioned in a song.

shelley

Lindsay is off base here. Never once have I heard that and thought poorly of her. I think poorly of her because of her own actions, not one line of a song.

I am Spartacus

last i checked she's been locked up so how is he defaming her? More like he's telling the truth.

But Pitbull, be a man and stand up for yourself instead of bowing down to this hobag and inviting her to the MTV awards where she can get media attention.

KenzieQ

hee! could pitbull ever be mistaken for a latin twink? jw

IsSheSerious?

She must be really desperate for money

Who Knew

He summed her up perfectly, she is some kind of joke.

Blood Red Witch

Actually, this response and invite is smart on his part. Any way LL plays it at this point makes her look like the spoiled brat she is. He comes out looking good. Just dont let the lohan stank rub off on you, Pitbull!

Colonel Bleep

If this clown really has got "the number one record in the world," the music industry really has gone waaaay past the point of salvation. Would anyone actually pay money for what he does? Seriously? Real money? New suckers and fools born every minute. Pathetic!

Frito

She isn't suing him for defamation, she is suing him for using her name for commercial gain. There is a difference. Either way, she is pathetic for doing this. She should be happy people are still talking about her.

Ghost Rider

I thought he would come out saying something like that.

drake

the dumb bitch is just looking to make a quick buck any way she can. PB didn't do anything wrong.

Lo From Wisco

She is really dropping to new lows to stay relevant. And that's a stretch.

T Mija

For those of you who swear you do not know who PITBULL is, you are either living in a cave with no electricity or satellite signal, or you don't listen to pop music. Either way you are clueless. PITBULL has made huge hits of his own and worked with other A-list singers to create hits with them. He has been on TV, in the charts, hell just about anywhere you can think to look. Get a grip and turn ON your radio, or curl up under the rock you have been hiding under and stop thinking that YOU are relevant.

ocgirl

LiLo's new occupation: Plaintiff. She needs some sort of income and she aint making movies these days!