T.I.

Back in Federal Custody

9/2/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0901_ti_BN_01
After only a day in the semi-real world following months in prison, T.I. is already back in federal custody.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons confirms to TMZ that the rapper checked into a federal penitentiary in Atlanta last night, but would not elaborate further.

According to T.I.'s lawyer, Steve Sadow, he's back in federal custody because of an issue involving his trip from the Arkansas prison to his Atlanta halfway house on a luxury bus on Wednesday.

Sadow tells TMZ, "We are awaiting the opportunity to quickly resolve whatever the issue may be that the Federal Bureau of Prisons has with T.I.'s method of transportation, bus, from Arkansas to Atlanta, so that T.I. can return to the halfway house to complete the remaining days of his sentence."

Sadow adds the issue was not drug-related.

T.I. was sentenced in October to 11 months in prison for violating his probation, but was let out early. He was to complete the rest of his sentence in the halfway house.

Story developing ...

update_bar
5:55 AM: TMZ spoke with T.I.'s uncle, who reiterated to us ... T.I. was not drinking on the bus to Atlanta and showed up to the halfway house sober and on time. The uncle says T.I. "stopped drinking a long time ago."

6:27 AM: Sources connected to T.I. tell us there was no alcohol or drugs on the bus.

Jim

These people will NEVER learn! You don't walk out of prison, heading to a half-way house, and HAVE A PARTY getting there. STUPID!

Anon

People questioned his dues when he proclaimed himself as the king of the "Souf"

This circus just put him out of it. It's one thing to do hard time because of illegal armament, it's another to be SO STUPID to get right back in federale's hands in a span of 24 hours.

karlew

I'm betting the problem was with them filming his stupid reality show during transport. Oh well did anyone really expect him to stay out off trouble anyway. Guys a loser and has a stupid name

Stormy

This is crazy! How many tax dollars are being spent to "look into" this situation? The Fed's had no problem with him providing his own transportation so what does it matter if it was by car, bus, or freakin horse as long as he got there and got there CLEAN! As long as he could pass a drug test, which you must do anyway when checking into a halfway house, it should be a NON-ISSUE!

sPaNkdEnALgAs

"he's back in federal custody because of an issue involving his trip from the Arkansas prison to his Atlanta halfway house on a luxury bus"

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? DON'T WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO BE WORRIED ABOUT, SUCH AS TERRORISTS OR DRUG CARTELS, MURDERERS OR RAPISTS???

Damn

SaraBellum

This would be funny if it weren't costing tax dollars.

Cheryl A.

LOL.... His lawyer said it was NOT drug related. Um-hm....they put him federal lock up because they had milk and cookies of the bus. DUMAZZ

Swins

My take; He was found to be consorting with felons a direct violation of his probation. Two of the people on the bus were prior convicted felons.

Professor Chaos

Shocking stuff! Oh wait... no it's not. When I bet $10 he'd be back in jail in under a year I really wasn't expecting it to only take one day. He must really love that sore ass feeling. He didn't even give it time to heal. Geez. Talk about a bottom b*tch.

.:Loki4Ever:.

Bwahahaha. TMZ users REALLY called this one! LOL What a ******, <--- you can figure it out

Dan

Yeah right? T I loves a good drink. To the halfway house on a party bus. What a dumbphughk. KimAndKris.com

NameNotImportant

Jealous cave apes can't stand to see a black man balling.

Muppet

Well that didn't take long! Can't wait to hear his excuse for getting thrown back in federal custody! I think this guy topped Lindsay Lohan in stupidity now!

Phreaky

Hmmmm re: the uncle's statement... I didn't see anyone that said he had been drinking. Jumping the gun a little there. But I'm willing to bet TI got on that bus and partied like a rockstar and drank, then got tested at the halfway house and failed.
Idiot.

HMMMM

So, seriously, is anybody REALLY surprised? Seems to me that filming his "reality show" invaded the privacy of everyone at that halfway house. You know darned well if he wasn't drinking he was smoking, sniffing, or injecting something. Just let him spend his full sentence and let him fade into obscurity, he is a nothing, he will always be a nothing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments