Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Sloane

would never call this idiot an artist!!
took long enough for him to make a statement
guess he didn't expect the groundswell reaction

PokerStar

Do you see the irony in his name? Um, ok. Since you have admitted your songs are a mistake, will you please stop making music now? Sincerely, the instruments.

Julie

I'm pretty sure SouljaBoy had nothing to do with the writing of that letter. His name itself implies it'd be a struggle for him to form a coherent sentence.

CelebJustice

****************************************************
You were wrong to ever think them as well. The only thing you are sorry for is that you were called out for it.
Perhaps you should think about donating the proceeds to Wounded Warriors or a similar group that supports our military.

Kathryn

What an *******.

ThinkingWoman

Since he cares so, why doesn't he enlist and to do something to help the war effort. Oh, yeah, that takes some cajones...something Soulja Boy lacks.

Since he cares so much, why doesn't he donate the proceeds from this song to the Wounded Warriors. They're not that far from LA. He can even go in person and donate one of those oversized checks.

The War on Terror IS taking a long time - a very long time. Our military is making strides, but fighting this enemy is unlike any war we've fought previously.

If you do remember 9/11/2001, you might also remember those feelings shared across the world. These events were carried out by people who still want to see our country, and all western countries, obliterated. They want to see our rights and freedoms figments of our memories.

Instead of bad mouthing military personnel, how 'bout growing a pair and joining them...or meet with a Gold Star Mother, or drive down to Camp Pendleton or Balboa and see some of our wounded up close and personal. These are very real people. They have lives and families that have been put on hold so the likes of Soulja Boy can mock them for financial gain.

Lowlife s***.

NYC/BROOKLYN©

A. HOLE YOU PAPOOSED YOURSELF!!!©

Kathryn

What an ass.Send him to Iraq.

USAF Chick

Wow...I have lost 2 family members and countless friends. I am an Air Force Sgt, and I do not accept this joke of a letter that he responded with. I think he just wanted have his moment of TMZ glory...and he got it, and I hope he is happy defacing the countless lives that have been lost and the defacing the love, honor and respect that the families continue to hold on to when remembering thier lost loved ones. What a jerk.

CuriouslySad

Funny point that no one noticed in reporting this story is that the "green flag" Soulja boy references in his song just happens to be the same color flag Islam waves when waging war against "Infidels". Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

A soldiers wife

Not accepted! Not for one second do I believe Soulja Boy ( ironic right?) has ever written or spoken in that manner. He said it, the damage has been done and I hope hegoes broke to the point that he wishes he could join the Army!

Ricky Loca

**** THIS *****!! I hope he gets his ass beat for this. ******* LITTLE ***** RAPPER!!

Jennifer Meyer

First of this was not written by him! Its Obvious
and what does he mean hes seen things!? what the projects/ suburbs? I have to say theirs a line of respect you have when it comes to freedom of speech. Just because you have that freedom it doesn't make it right! That would be like me saying F all you N***ers and yada yada. But since I have freedom of Speech its okay?! Umm Its not and its disrespectful. One thing to understand Our soldiers do their DUTIES!! we dont make rules we follow them. you think for a moment my husband and military families rather be deployed every other year? you think we want to work without pay? yes we lost alot of money to war but Im sure we seen Obama take many Vacations in his first year in office? (TMZ even aired it) while my husband got a 15 month Deployment to Iraq.... Our military deserves some respect

dropped

getting upset over what people say and threaten bodily harm over it...face it half you clown are just as much of a low life as he is.

god bless america

Ashley

There is no way he wrote that apology himself, so not accepted!! I am surprised he is not pulling the race card.