Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Cheryl A.

Those are NOT his words. There was not a single error. As the wife if an Army Colonel and the mom of a new member of the U.S. Navy, I do NOT and can NOT accept that phoney apology.

CJ

His apology is pathetic and probably wasn't even written by him. So he's frustrated by the wars so he lashed out at the FBI and the Military, WTF does the FBI have to do with the war? In fact I don't think the real soldiers have any say at all in going to war, this isnt the first time he's let his mouth write a check his @ss couldn't cash, he had that other Facebook rant in June.

Bagman

It just shows you where money with no education or common sense will get you..... a total idiot

steeler fan

How dare he say such a thing. Brave men and women putting their lives on the line daily so some stupid rapper can get some mention. The only thing worse was his apology, it doesn't even make sense. My hope is someone high on the military ladder programs,"thinks for himself", and send a missle to his front door.

Pimpcessa

Well, personally, I feel that IF he's really sorry then maybe he should do what some of the other celebs have done, in the past, when making up for a disrespectful and nasty comment.
I think he might need to take some sensitivity classes. They are being held right now in the Military bases overseas where they are protecting our asses. Maybe if he went over there and actually saw, first hand, what it takes on a daily basis to be a real soldier he just might see things differently.
Come on Soulja, why not head on overseas and make your apology in person and get an education on what it's really like to be a everyday HERO!!
Of course we would understand if you don't have the stomach OR THE GUTS to do it...

JL

PHONEY.

Jim Brown

Why is he mad at the military? Obama is the man he needs to be mad at, Obama is the commander-in-chief.

kanyeisgay

BUH -BYE CAREER .Not that you had any talent to start with.Crack is whack.

shaun lee

you spoiled little ungrateful brat!!! If it wasn't for "our" Troops you wouldn't get away with running your mouth. "If you can't stand behind our Troops then please stand in front of them"

Jiggidy

"I'm just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough"...SO F U!!! Souljah boy needs to make like Superman and fly the F off this Earth...I mean ERFFF!!!

Rox

I agree with him

Matt

I reject your apology.

hoot

Not accepted,he knew what he was saying.Let him go to a few military bases and apologize just for starters!

Phoenicks

Soulja Boy apologizes? More like some PR person wrote an apology in his name.
Until I see this clown back on YouTube, his words mean nothing.

crbullseye

Deeply sorry my butt. This so called rapper is nothing more then a punk!