Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

DJ Stewart

SOULJA BOY wanna make a real apology pull the cd off the shelf and donate the proceeds to the military

liz

He is so pathetic!!! Another sad attempt at publicity with a piss poor excuse. Are you trying to be like Kanye West?
Save it Soulja Boy because this REAL SOLDIER is NOT accepting your FAKE apology. The only thing you are sorry about is that your CD will not be selling on Military bases!
Here is one SOLDIER who has something to say to you....

anabel

he needs to change his name to ***** ass **** boy!

dachickypoo

Omggggg I was so appalled when my nephew, whom serves in the U.S. Army, was blogging this on Facebook yesterday! How stupid can you be, Seriously?!?! You're words got away from you??? How about BULL S#@T! You piece of crap! The Service Troops keep your azz safe and all you can do is diss them! You suck and I salute a big fat F#$K YOU! I hope you sink like the titanic, then we'll see how rich you are! DUMB AZZ!

B

Go suck on your apology and pull the trigger...Oh wait, you already did. Apology not accepted.

Blake

WOW. This has PR written ALL OVER IT. I highly doubt he actually wrote this, let alone have something this complicated fester in his brain. And even if it is true, and you don't want to hurt your countrymen, WHY ARE ALL OF YOUR SONGS PROMOTING VIOLENCE?! YOU STUPID SONOFA--OOO I HATE THIS *****!

STACY

Hey Soldier Boy you say F the troups, I say **** YOU!!! You wanna blame this on your words getting the better of you, you should of realized that before you even recored the song much less waited till it published and now all you "fans" are mad at you. All I here with this so called appology is horse s*** spilling out of your mouth!! You dont like how things are done then by all means get the hell out of the U.S and stand in-front of our troups!!!

Brenda

It's not even sincere and using artist as an excuse? You get mad at the institution and the politics. You don't attack those boys and girls over there giving their lives while your ever here living the high life. Let's be real, you spewed crap to get some attention and got paid for it, who's the real tool here?

Gordy Gomez

Not accepted!!

d

**** you soulja boy i am a vet and i dont accept your apology

Kristin

Get the f*k out of here. This apology is only something to attempt to save his career for dissing all of ours! It's not cause he means to say sorry it's cause his agents and all the ignorant people wanna salvage his career so they can still make money. The pathetic apology, he says how it came out wrong, how can you say that?! That's how you feel. Saying the apology is just showing how much of a b*h you are and can't own up to your feelings. Why are we there? Your so famous get an interview with a soldier! If we weren't there then they would be here. The people over there don't even care about themselves! And you can NEVER EVER SAY SH** about what soldiers do until you are there! I'm tired of all the ignorant fans of this guy sayin that we are murders and effed up. All the people dissing soldiers have no idea what it is like over there! There own people step on the IED's and what do they do? Nothing ! They bring them to our post drag the women and children out of there trunks or back of vans by their feel or whatever they can reach, drop them on the ground! It's pathetic! The way people wanna bash us. We provide everything for the so called innocent, but no matter what, we are the bad guys! IM SO SICK OF THE UNAPPRECIATIVE civilians that have no idea what we go through! Stand in front of us then use your freedom of speech!

Vet80

Mr. Boy,
You are welcome for my brothers and sisters laying their life on the line every day to protect your rights. I hope that every time serviceman and woman crosses your path you will get on your knees and beg them their forgiveness. You little bit of worm sperm.

real

Hey boy did you say your sorry for hurting soldiers and their family, you a dumbass for thinking that way, you didnt hurt anybody you jus pissed everyone off.oh and dont try to do anything for soldiers cause your lil fake ass apology aint stopping anybody.you shouldve listen to bow wow,you jus walking dead man, you kno what you should do,run and hide somewhere cause they dont stop until they are satisfied...you a dumbass for calling yourself a soulja..lol..jackass

real

hey dumbass you said that your sorry for hurting soldiers,let me tell you something jackass nobody got hurt in anyways you just pissed them all off so your lil apology aint gonna stop none of them.best thing to do is quit what your doin and go hide somewhere forever...soulja wanabe..your one dumb to call yourself soulja

real