Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Ronnie C

I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER. My comrades and I took EXTREME offense at the ignorant lyrics of this ignorant artist. He has disrespected our Country's itegrity and the memory of our Fallen Soldiers and those lost in the 9/11 attack. I hope your star falls HARD AND FAST ... Apology Not Accepted. ~Courtesy of the United States Armed Forces~

Danielle

well why don't we send him out to war...then he'll know what are troop are like!!!!

Corinne

What a friekin' idiot. My husband served 10 years in the US ARMY and I'm actually quite embarassed that I have ever even listened to his music. I understand freedom of speech but he acts like he got screwed by the Military. His apology is no where sincere. He quickly apologizes and then rambles on about stuff that is meaningless to us. TOTALLY DISGRACEFUL...Grow a Pair Soulja Boy. Once you fight for our country, then you can say what ever the hell you please.

Sabrina Bryson

I am an American soldier. And for you to say F the troops, is not acceptable. Regardless the Military are protector of freedom, and if it weren't for us fight for that freedom, this country would of turned communist. Keep your frustration to yourself, and don't put into your lyrics. Because honestly you have rocked the boat with the american people and soldiers. Best thing to do is not to bring politics into your lyrics.

Rob

So let me get this straight, you are frustrated that we are away from home, and so because you're "frustrated" on our behalf, you say F the Troops? Perhaps you should say F the politicians that sent us here.

Apology not accepted. Go F yourself.

Dom

He can shove it up his @$$

Laurie

This is just ignorant. I was brought up in a military family and we all did tours over there. My husband just came home a month ago. We both lost friends fighting for his right to say this. You don't diss the men and women putting their lives on the line for this country's freedom.

Deployed US Soldier

Soulja boy, I will accept your apology, though I doubt you wrote it yourself. Just be aware that just since you apologize does not mean you will be forgiven. You did not say **** Iraq, or **** Afghanistan you said, **** the FBI and **** all the Army Troops. Then you accused me of not living my own life. Let me say that just because I do what my boss tells me to do does not mean I am not living my own life. The words were said and they will be remembered for a long time. You would earn a great deal of respect from me just accepting the consequences of your mistakes, wich it seems you are doing. I don't need everyones support and I will gladly fight for anyones right to NOT support what it is I do. So I say again, Apology accepted.

Drew

i want to know if this inconciderate little prick even knows how to write? seems others wrote this for him... im in the ARMY and deploying to afgan very soon. so with all due respect "Soulja Boy" **** YOU! oh wait, if i say this to your face and spit in your face then make a public apology does that make everything ok and just go away? i didnt think so.

Brian

What a sincere and heart felt apology by his publicist.

samuel

your still a bitch soulja boy, you should change your name too bitch boy...come at me brah

marvin

so ignorant, he does not understand anything what is going on specially in the front line... why dont you take your skinny ass out there in the front line with our troops just to watch how we do things.... i bet you will cry like a little girl.. and who will save your skinny ass? we will, we will take a bullet for you.. even if i don't want to but i will because i pledge to protect the constitution, the country, and the people in it.!!!!

purplelady82

Considering that my husband and father are both marines i took this little rap just as personal as an army soldier. First of all before you say something in a rap make sure your information is accurate. Army is soldier, marines are troops; there is no such thing as an army troops. Sit back and think real hard. The military is over there fighting for your freedom to be stupid. You have the right to feel however you want but make sure your feelings are justified. You are so worried about taking care of home and the problems right here in the U.S., but I missed the awards you receive for being a humanitarian. I missed the part where you set standards, if you want to be a hero pull your pants up and rap about something that will change lives. Better yet, put on a flak and kevlar and fight a war knowing that there is a possibility you will never come home. Look at your bodyguards and ask them are they prior military. Then choke on your words. You asked why they are fighting this war that isn't theirs, but this war is theirs and ours too. They chose to fight so our kids can have the freedom to listen to the stupidity you put in songs. Be frustrated with your ignorance, not with your freedom.

Truth Hurts

LOL, the military has BANKRUPTED THE USA into oblivion, yet still the sheep worship them. They aren't protecting you, there are 1000 military bases around the world, they are on the offensive for Exxon Mobil, BP, etc.

Cheryl Klein

ha ha ha You Phony SQB, people are trying to make ends "meat" not "meet" I am a female veteran that will FUU. Have a happy 911. God will get you. And P.S. whoever you are "PR Idiot" get a new job you suck!