Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

lv

to turn his word vomit into a plea to bring our troops home is, in my opinion, more insulting than the original comment. This "artist" is clueless and has no idea what he originally meant when he first spoke his words. it's a shame that after his ignorant rap people can look at him and say oh he is just a concerned citizen worried for the safety of our troops... SHAME

Necie

First of all its not the soldier fault that we are in "these wars". We are jus doing the job that your sorry ass can not do. I would like to see you in iraq n afgan and do what we do. YOu could not walk a boot of a week so dont talk ****! and you are talking about the economy how about you do a really job for a living, work a 9 to 6 job. sorry ass boy

Timothy

Screw this sorry piece of crap and his bullshi@ he is only now saying he is sorry cause he knows he screwed himself! I say screw him and let him hang his own getto punk self!

Princess

Not to be rude towards Soulja Boy but there is nothing you can say or do to take back what you said to our "WORLDS FINEST". Apologizes to Military does not erase what you have done by disrespecting the ones that continue to fight for our freedom. I am a mother of a soldier and how dare you disrespect the ones that made you who you are today. As they say "When you drop the plate it breaks into pieces and there is no fixing this one" You created your own destiny when you DISRESPECTED the soldiers and to include law enforcement officers that continue to protect the UNITED STATES PF AMERICA. Nothing you can say will bring you the glory you once thought you had.

linda

I will accept his apology when he pulls his recording, but we know that won't happen because the money from the sales of such trash is more meaningful to him then his apology.

linda

I will accept his apology when he pulls this recording, but we all know that won't happen because the money he gets from this trash is more meaningful to him than his apology does to him.

Robert Copeland

This piece of **** idiot does not deserve the public attention he received from this incident or any other.
We, as Americans, are pathetic in giving creedence to such nonsense, then elevating these pricks to even MORE stardom after they've been "forgiven". Cases-in-point, Kanye West, Chris Brown, etc.

Desiree

I am an Army wife and am extremely happy that the PX will not be selling his album! This child has no idea what it is like to be a soldier nor a family member of one.

Bennai

It's been 2 weeks and I'm still heated over this ignorant fools comments. Mind you I'm not calling him what I want to since I want this posted. I cant believe that he is trying to buy the military and their families by the whole concerts and meet and greet crap... Shove that crap where the sun doesn't shine!! I will NEVER accept your apology!! I never bought your music before nor will I ever buy it!

Dynamyte

Clearly he was exercising his 1st Amend right. So CLEARLY I will exercise mine along with my wallet. I WILL NEVER purchase, support or promote Soulja BOY again. Yes I did captialize the word BOY because Clearly he is a boy who has NO clue who is defended his right to be a arrogant, uneducated, FREE US citizen. WOW, SMDH.
v/r
Soldier USA
Proudly serving, 22years and still ARMY STRONG!!!

Cougar

you could never be sorry enough for me. Wrong is wrong and you were way out of line.

Lauren Willis

SOULESS BOY!!! your apology is not sincere until i hear it from your mouth. stop having your publicist write it for you, and you should be saying it to a direct line to thousands of troops who probably want to tear your scronny little vocal cords right out of your mouth... I don't know why God himself gave them to you.. you should be ashamed!!! YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN!!! GOD BLESS THE MEN AND WOMAN OF THE ARMED FORCES! Thank You!!!

AricUSMC

in the very ******* least, couldn't this punk-ass have "signed" with his REAL name? you'd think that if ANY time was a good time, the whole "apologizing to the REAL 'souljas' " would be the right time, wouldn't you?

12C Engineer Soldier

Just thought I would say it's not the Army that decides to go to war or decides how long we fight. We just do our job when given orders to do it.

tankboy2adfwd

This "Boy" didn't say something stupid in the heat of the moment. Numbnuts rehearsed, performed, and recorded this BS. Did you think everyone thought like this so it made it safe for you to say? It's just the like-minded morons you surround yourself with who agree with your cute little opinion. Not accepted and steer clear of my city.